IUBB 22/‘23

15 hours ago, Madison22 said:

A terrific article about Coach Knight and Michael Lewis.  Wasn't sure where else to post this.   From TheDailyHoosier:

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/the-genius-of-knight-from-31-points-per-game-to-all-time-assist-leader/

That article puts the genius of Bob Knight on full display.  Lewis was a tough little fireball at IU...a mini general on the court.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Yeah, first option is Chromecast, which is how I'll do it.

The TV is hung on the wall, so getting that USB cable from the dongle plugged in will have me filling up the swear jar... 

Having had to do that a few times made me install an HDMI switch in the cabinet below my TV.

• Like 1

Re the article, it mentions Coach Woodson invited Downing and George McGinnis to an IU practice in October.

For some reason no footage of George McGinnis playing for IU seems to exist. That'd be something to show kids... I'm sure Coach Woodson mentioned to this year's team that Big George led the Big 10 in scoring and rebounding as a sophomore... 

• Like 1

Wasn’t sure whether to post this in the NBA thread or not, but I think TJD could really benefit from adding some elements of Jokic’s game to his. He’s a phenomenal passer and can turn a standard defensive rebound into a fast break opportunity with his vision and awareness. Woodson wants to run a fast paced offense and having this ability could really enhance it.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, 02Hoosier said:

Wasn’t sure whether to post this in the NBA thread or not, but I think TJD could really benefit from adding some elements of Jokic’s game to his. He’s a phenomenal passer and can turn a standard defensive rebound into a fast break opportunity with his vision and awareness. Woodson wants to run a fast paced offense and having this ability could really enhance it.

I just saw a recent interview of TJD by AJ Guyton. One of the things TJD says they've really been working on is improving his passing. That probably includes other passes to start fast breaks. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

I just saw a recent interview of TJD by AJ Guyton. One of the things TJD says they've really been working on is improving his passing. That probably includes other passes to start fast breaks. 

I love to hear that. Personally, I think an improved passing game from him will open the offense up more than his ability to hit a jump shot. Being able to hit the open man on a double team is crucial. Under Archie it seemed we were never able to beat the double team and it killed us offensively.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

NBA Scouting Report on JHS 

"Simply put, he just gets it on that end. Hood-Schifino’s defensive is a huge driver of winning and his IQ is extremely high as a natural defender.

He’s the type of player you trust in the game during crunch time as he truly impacts winning." 

According to Greenberg, a team has to have a 1st Rd. NBA draft pick on it's roster to win the NCAAT.  Maybe JHS is ours?

• Like 2

I didn't  hear who it was on DD yesterday,  think someone  said it was Fran Fraschilla.  Anyways.  He brought  up the possibility that if a guy like Trayce or Timme, Oshawa, can't  play themselves into first round, they would be fools to leave college with NIL money and exposure, not to mention  facilities, treatment, meal plan, housing, doctors, training, everything  a high level d1 program is throwing  at these guys.  They aren't going  to make near as much, nor be treated the same in any other league world wide besides the NBA.   

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 02Hoosier said:

I love to hear that. Personally, I think an improved passing game from him will open the offense up more than his ability to hit a jump shot. Being able to hit the open man on a double team is crucial. Under Archie it seemed we were never able to beat the double team and it killed us offensively.

And we need to cut better as a team. Hopefully with the added depth... we aren't worried about saving ourselves for the end of the game. The tempo and pace at which we play at needs to improve 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, IUFLA said:

NBA Scouting Report on JHS 

"Simply put, he just gets it on that end. Hood-Schifino’s defensive is a huge driver of winning and his IQ is extremely high as a natural defender.

He’s the type of player you trust in the game during crunch time as he truly impacts winning." 

"Late First or Early Second-Round Pick in 2023 NBA Draft."

We better take advantage of having him and TJD here this year.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

I didn't  hear who it was on DD yesterday,  think someone  said it was Fran Fraschilla.  Anyways.  He brought  up the possibility that if a guy like Trayce or Timme, Oshawa, can't  play themselves into first round, they would be fools to leave college with NIL money and exposure, not to mention  facilities, treatment, meal plan, housing, doctors, training, everything  a high level d1 program is throwing  at these guys.  They aren't going  to make near as much, nor be treated the same in any other league world wide besides the NBA.   

He said in some leagues pay about $4,000 a month for 8 months plus an apartment 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/26/2022 at 3:01 PM, IUFLA said:

Nice article on Hoosier Steve Downing courtesy of @The Daily Hoosier.

Always one of my favorites. Lots of good stuff in the article. 

The more I read what different people are saying after seeing the team the more anxious I'm getting. Really seems like something is there this season.  Just seems like the stars are lining up. 

• Like 3