IUBB 22/‘23

3 hours ago, IUFLA said:

How fast is your internet?

I don't watch much beyond news and sports, and I haven't had buffering issues on any channels, ABC included...

My internet is super fast though... 

I pay Comcast for the 1000 mbs plan but usually I get about 300. It’s not really an issue with speed though as all the other stations play perfectly…just the one and there are numerous complaints about it. Thousands of complaints on reddit. Appears there was a falling out and ABC got pulled a couple years ago and ever since even though it came back lots of people have had the issue. I assumed everyone has the issue but maybe not. Just one station so I don’t really care.

• Like 1

Can’t wait for tonight’s game…. I didn’t opt for BTN+, so I didn’t watch the two exhibitions or the Morehead State game.

I haven’t been this excited about Hoosier BB in a long time, and I mean a long time. Even when Zeller and company were ranked # 1 and rolling, I still felt Crean would screw it up, and guess what, Syracuse happened. I have all the confidence that CMW won’t let that happen again. Go Hoosiers!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

Can’t wait for tonight’s game…. I didn’t opt for BTN+, so I didn’t watch the two exhibitions or the Morehead State game.

I haven’t been this excited about Hoosier BB in a long time, and I mean a long time. Even when Zeller and company were ranked # 1 and rolling, I still felt Crean would screw it up, and guess what, Syracuse happened. I have all the confidence that CMW won’t let that happen again. Go Hoosiers!

You are in for a treat. The freshmen are the real deal! And TJD looks near unstoppable out there. 

I sprung for Youtube TV for the season and already have it set up to record all iubb games.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

I pay Comcast for the 1000 mbs plan but usually I get about 300. It’s not really an issue with speed though as all the other stations play perfectly…just the one and there are numerous complaints about it. Thousands of complaints on reddit. Appears there was a falling out and ABC got pulled a couple years ago and ever since even though it came back lots of people have had the issue. I assumed everyone has the issue but maybe not. Just one station so I don’t really care.

Not a direct reply but along the lines of the convo and maybe a learning lesson. I, on a good day, get about 12-18mbs down. (not a typo). Most everything works TV wise kinda OK, except Sling TV (terrible buffering and just flt stopping). I just switched from Sling To Fubo, watching the same channels, and no problems to speak of, yet..

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Not a direct reply but along the lines of the convo and maybe a learning lesson. I, on a good day, get about 12-18mbs down. (not a typo). Most everything works TV wise kinda OK, except Sling TV (terrible buffering and just flt stopping). I just switched from Sling To Fubo, watching the same channels, and no problems to speak of, yet..

Still trying to find the game on Channel 4

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

I’ve had YouTube TV for a couple of years now, with no issues. You get 80+ channels (including local stations), with a great sports package including BTN, so you have all the IU games covered. One of the best features is recording from the Cloud instead using a DVR….very easy and reliable. The cost is only $64.99/mo.

• Like 2

A couple of interesting storylines in our game against Xavier.

1. Sean Miller (Archie’s brother) is now their coach - don’t think he’d like to win for the Arch do you?

2. Jerome Hunter starts for the Musketeers - I’m sure he feels like he was run off by CMW. Sure hope he doesn’t pull a Bohannon on us!

Can’t wait!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

1. Sean Miller (Archie’s brother) is now their coach - don’t think he’d like to win for the Arch do you?

2. Jerome Hunter starts for the Musketeers - I’m sure he feels like he was run off by CMW. Sure hope he doesn’t pull a Bohannon on us!

Can’t wait!

Hunter was replaced in the starting lineup last year by Nunge.  He did have 11 and 9 against Morgan State but picked up 4 fouls in 17 minutes.  If he's their 1st big off the bench I think that bodes well for IU given the front court depth.

4 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Hunter was replaced in the starting lineup last year by Nunge.  He did have 11 and 9 against Morgan State but picked up 4 fouls in 17 minutes.  If he's their 1st big off the bench I think that bodes well for IU given the front court depth.

Serious question - would he even play for us? Certainly not in the front court but perhaps some minutes at the 3? 

I like Jerome, but I think we've upgraded. 

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

Serious question - would he even play for us? Certainly not in the front court but perhaps some minutes at the 3? 

I like Jerome, but I think we've upgraded. 

I doubt he’d even be in the second unit with the talent we have, but It makes me nervous in a situation like this that he could have the game of his life and go off on us from three.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

Can’t wait!

1) Sean/Archy.. Meh, er'coach wants to win

2) Jerome should have NOTHING but respect. We recruited the moon and then nursed his terrible injury to allow him other opportunities. HE's also probably damn happy to not be with the failure of Arch coaching anymore. 

Meh, no story line. (to me anyway).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

Can’t wait!

Xavier is on FS2 tonight at 8:30

• Like 1