IUBB 22/‘23

1 hour ago, mrflynn03 said:

My wife has a new friend. Her dad has had 4 season tickets for 20+yrs. He lives in Florida. So next season I may get some awesome seats. 

I have a new friend too. ☺️ 

I’m confused - are you saying that your wife’s dad is her new friend?

Oh and, where are the seats? Is your wife’s (and your) new friend going to continue his donation level?

Edited by eddy4iu

40 minutes ago, eddy4iu said:

I’m confused - are you saying that your wife’s dad is her new friend?

Oh and, where are the seats? Is your wife’s (and your) new friend going to continue his donation level?

My wife is friends with his daughter. Her name is Jade. From Huntingburg. They work together in Jasper. At ulta. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

DD had Fife on his show:

1.  Laughed at the idea Braden Smith was a difference maker 

2.  CMW could have added a couple high level transfers but stayed loyal to guys on the team 

3.  Ready to hang banner #6 

i wonder if he believes it or just does it so he can rip them later 

1.  He's 100% wrong on that one.  Smith may get exposed when he has to go against truly elite talent, but he's absolutely a difference maker for Turdue.

2.  If true (after #1, I'm taking everything from Fyffe with a grain of salt), I'm absolutely fine with that.  This roster should be able to compete with any college team this year.  Why screw up the chemistry for marginally better talent that may not be satisfied with minutes?

3.  Aren't we all? (Well, maybe not Purdue7 & StlBoiler.)

2 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

1.  He's 100% wrong on that one.  Smith may get exposed when he has to go against truly elite talent, but he's absolutely a difference maker for Turdue.

2.  If true (after #1, I'm taking everything from Fyffe with a grain of salt), I'm absolutely fine with that.  This roster should be able to compete with any college team this year.  Why screw up the chemistry for marginally better talent that may not be satisfied with minutes?

3.  Aren't we all? (Well, maybe not Purdue7 & StlBoiler.)

One of the few good things about getting old is perspective.

IU beating  Purdue used to piss me off for a week….now I realize it’s not life & death 

hated Lafayette Jeff with the same passion.  Then I became friends with Richie Hammel and a few other former players….realized I was a childish fool 

58 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

One of the few good things about getting old is perspective.

IU beating  Purdue used to piss me off for a week….now I realize it’s not life & death 

hated Lafayette Jeff with the same passion.  Then I became friends with Richie Hammel and a few other former players….realized I was a childish fool 

Who's Richie Hammel? Does he wear the Purdue Pete costume? Or the big drummer boy?

1 hour ago, Purdue7 said:

DD had Fife on his show:

1.  Laughed at the idea Braden Smith was a difference maker 

2.  CMW could have added a couple high level transfers but stayed loyal to guys on the team 

3.  Ready to hang banner #6 

i wonder if he believes it or just does it so he can rip them later 

Dan said that for Purdue to be good, they need more production from their wings.  He specifically mentioned that Newman, Morton and TKR need to produce. And also Gillis.  I didn't take it as a shot at Smith as much as those other guys need to score for Purdue to be good post season-wise.  Purdue is going to be good in the Big10, it's just that Smith won't be a difference maker against teams they'll face in the NCAA tourney.

1 hour ago, go_iu_bb said:

You'll have that when you start the season by beating the s**t out of a few cupcakes. If they can maintain anywhere close to that as the competition improves, that's championship material.

Most teams have been playing cupcakes so far.  We'll regress some to the mean, but it is still a meaningful comparison to 80% of the teams on the chart.

• Like 1