IUBB 22/‘23

56 minutes ago, rico said:

I hope ends up with a championship.

If he'd accomplish that, I think a lot of people, myself included, would put him at the 5 spot in their all time Hoosier team...

Most people put Schlundt, Bellamy, Downing, or Benny in there currently, but even the way it sits now Trayce would have quite a resume...Top it with a championship, and I think that'd tip the scales...

Edited by IUFLA

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

If he'd accomplish that, I think a lot of people, myself included, would put him at the 5 spot in their all time Hoosier team.

28 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

pretty impressive company.  3rd seems very likely/realistic.

I put him high on the list because he played good basketball while having Archie Miller as a coach.

Trayce also had zero outside shooting support for his whole career.  Even last year, we couldn't shoot threes.  Ranked #300 in the country, or something like that.

He has accomplished a lot even as defenses could focus on just him.

He never blamed others.  Just kept working on his game, getting better, and representing Indiana University.

That's killer.  I hope he finds a place in the NBA and makes $200 million.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

That list should give everyone too young to remember an idea just how good Calbert Cheaney was.

looking at it statistically, he'd have to average 30.4ppg if we play the same amount of games as last year to be the all-time leading scorer.  24.7ppg to be #2.  16.8ppg to be #3.  at his current pace, he would end with 2353, a little under 2nd.  i believe if we play 4 more games than last year, he could average his current 22ppg and finish 2nd.  not sure what the odds of us playing 39 games would be though.  

16 hours ago, NCHoosier32 said:

looking at it statistically, he'd have to average 30.4ppg if we play the same amount of games as last year to be the all-time leading scorer.  24.7ppg to be #2.  16.8ppg to be #3.  at his current pace, he would end with 2353, a little under 2nd.  i believe if we play 4 more games than last year, he could average his current 22ppg and finish 2nd.  not sure what the odds of us playing 39 games would be though.  

39 games means deep runs in the BTT and NCAAT. 40 would be the max amount of games if we were to play in the championship game of both tournaments, so 39 would be a championship game and a semi-final. 

Just listened to Inside The Hall and the guest had some pretty good observations about TJD. (sorry if these thoughts are being repeated)

- He seems to be much more of a calming presence on the floor. He's flexing less after dunks too. Even after mistakes, he's smiling and huddling the team together to get them regrouped. Maybe Woody's 'zen-ness' is wearing off on him. 

- TJD is getting a lot of touches, but it's not in his hands for a long time. It seems like he's making quicker decisions vs. not letting the defense regroup (like last year) as he'd be backing his guy down for 5-10 seconds before making his move or passing the ball back out. 

Edited by tdhoosier
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

Just listened to Inside The Hall and the guest had some pretty good observations about TJD. (sorry if these thoughts are being repeated)

- He seems to be much more of a calming presence on the floor. He's flexing less after dunks too. Even after mistakes, he's smiling and huddling the team together to get them regrouped. Maybe Woody's 'zen-ness' is wearing off on him. 

- TJD is getting a lot of touches, but it's not in his hands for a long time. It seems like he's making quicker decisions vs. not letting the defense regroup (like last year) as he'd be backing his guy down for 5-10 seconds before making his move or passing the ball back out. 

He definitely seems a lot more decisive in his moves

• Like 2