IUBB 22/‘23

6 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

How is this relevant to the discussion of TJD staying another year or going overseas?

What brought this discussion was Fran Frashilla talking on DD show about that players staying in college will make more than going over seas. He said in some leagues in Europe pays $4,000 a month for 8 months.

I said I make more than some guys playing over seas doing an easy job. So I would think these players would pick staying in school making more in NIL.

Edited by IU Scott

5 minutes ago, toonsquad said:

https://www.nj.com/rutgersbasketball/2022/10/ex-rutgers-star-geo-baker-nobody-is-scared-of-big-ten-favorite-indiana.html

Does anyone else start to hate Rutgers more and more as the days go by? I would love to beat them by 20+ both games this year.

What I really "hate" is the mention of us having a 2-7 record over his time there.  It's totally unacceptable to have a losing record against a "who-gives-a-sh*t" school like rutgers over any period.  It's time to make that a thing of the past.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, toonsquad said:

https://www.nj.com/rutgersbasketball/2022/10/ex-rutgers-star-geo-baker-nobody-is-scared-of-big-ten-favorite-indiana.html

Does anyone else start to hate Rutgers more and more as the days go by? I would love to beat them by 20+ both games this year.

I watched that podcast on YouTube and he picked IU second and Goodman and Hummel picked us 1st. Baker did pick TJD as the player of the year.

Just now, IUFLA said:

Only thing I knew about Nebraska basketball before they joined the Big 10 was that Jack Moore played there... And he was fun to watch at Muncie Central... 

A kid from Concord went there.  Jamar Johnson(?)  He was on the team in the early 90's.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, rico said:

Nice read.

And I don't think I knew that about Nebraska's NCAAT woes.

There's a lotta IU love, but only Gasaway (sounds like a rival to Beano) picked Iowa very high (2nd).

I think people are sleeping on the Hawkeyes. Kris Murray might not be Keegan, but he had our number in the meeting at Iowa City. Rebraca is a decent big. McCaffrey's younger kid, Patrick, averaged over 10 ppg last year. The Sandfort kid can shoot it. And I think Tony Perkins will have a good year this season. Only question mark I think is Ahron Ulis at the PG spot.

Fran-O-Meter jokes aside, I think McCaffrey is a pretty good coach... 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Some thoughts on the four prognosticator's Big 10 predictions:

Medcalf's picks matched the average of the group, most consistent take.

Gasaway was the farthest off from the rest.  He picked Iowa #2, whereas everyone else had them in 7th place, which is wildly different, but he also had 6 picks that deviated by 2 or more places from the average.  (Out of only 9 total such deviations from the 4 people.)

Everyone agreed on these 'tiers' though:

#1 = Indiana (Everyone had Indiana at the top)

#2-7 = Illinois, Michigan, Purdue, OSU, MSU, Iowa in roughly that order following,

#8-11 = Wisconsin, Rutgers, Maryland, and Penn State

#12 = Northwestern

#13/14 = Minnesota/Nebraska

• Like 1

On 10/28/2022 at 1:23 PM, andy_puiu said:

Some thoughts on the four prognosticator's Big 10 predictions:

Medcalf's picks matched the average of the group, most consistent take.

Gasaway was the farthest off from the rest.  He picked Iowa #2, whereas everyone else had them in 7th place, which is wildly different, but he also had 6 picks that deviated by 2 or more places from the average.  (Out of only 9 total such deviations from the 4 people.)

Everyone agreed on these 'tiers' though:

#1 = Indiana (Everyone had Indiana at the top)

#2-7 = Illinois, Michigan, Purdue, OSU, MSU, Iowa in roughly that order following,

#8-11 = Wisconsin, Rutgers, Maryland, and Penn State

#12 = Northwestern

#13/14 = Minnesota/Nebraska

Gasaway is an Illinois grad, might be trying too hard to appear unbiased.

The Athletic throwing shade at IU (yes Illinois got a vote, too)

https://i.ibb.co/NKYxtN6/College-basketball-expert-predictions-Most-disappointing-team-The-Athletic.png

6 minutes ago, BruceDouglas said:

Gasaway is an Illinois grad, might be trying too hard to appear unbiased.

The Athletic throwing shade at IU (yes Illinois got a vote, too)

https://i.ibb.co/NKYxtN6/College-basketball-expert-predictions-Most-disappointing-team-The-Athletic.png

Absolutely no reason to pick Indiana as the team that won't live up to its ranking when Creighton is sitting up there in the top ten.