IUBB 22/‘23

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Is that Eastern, Central, or GMT? 😁

Random comment regarding time zones.

I am a reasonably intelligent person, with a brain that is open to almost anything thrown it's way.  But, one thing my mind has never in my life been able to process properly is the concept that Rio De Janeiro is 2-3 hours ahead of U.S. EST.  My mind acknowledges Rio is to th he South, but refuses to accept it is also to the East.

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

I am a reasonably intelligent person, with a brain that is open to almost anything thrown it's way.  But, one thing my mind has never in my life been able to process properly is the concept that Rio De Janeiro is 2-3 hours ahead of U.S. EST.  My mind acknowledges Rio is to th he South, but refuses to accept it is also to the East.

And therein answers the question of "why 5 wives"...:D

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

How about India being 1/2 hour off from the rest of the FREAKIN world?

Try and figure out Lakhs, then ten Lakhs, Crores and ten crores .... Mind blown.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Kind of similar to how I don't think Louisville is located in the south although they would like to think so. Latitudinally there are places in Indiana and Illinois that are further south than Louisville. 

As a matter of fact my toilet is currently at 38.67 deg N latitude and Louisville is 38.24 deg N latitude.  Im sitting just a few miles north. 

Edited by mrflynn03
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

How about India being 1/2 hour off from the rest of the FREAKIN world?

Try and figure out Lakhs, then ten Lakhs, Crores and ten crores .... Mind blown.

I work with people in India every single day.  No one on the U S team even attempts to convert it.  When scheduling meeting, we basically ask them something like "is 10:00 A.M. Eastern okay?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Kind of similar to how I don't think Louisville is located in the south although they would like to think so. Latitudinally there are places in Indiana and Illinois that are further south than Louisville. 

As a matter of fact my toilet is currently at 38.67 deg N latitude and Louisville is 38.24 deg N latitude.  Just a few miles north. 

Those damn rivers mess with the state borders.  Keep them from being a straight line.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

I work with people in India every single day.  No one on the U S team even attempts to convert it.  When scheduling meeting, we basically ask them something like "is 10:00 A.M. Eastern okay?

The most miserable days of my life... Let me type that in Indian.... THEMOSTMISERABLEDAYSOFMY   LIFE thank you thank you... yes yes yes are you there.. we need 75% discount for order tomorrow.    

And we raised raised hogs!

4 hours ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

A couple of interesting storylines in our game against Xavier.

1. Sean Miller (Archie’s brother) is now their coach - don’t think he’d like to win for the Arch do you?

2. Jerome Hunter starts for the Musketeers - I’m sure he feels like he was run off by CMW. Sure hope he doesn’t pull a Bohannon on us!

Can’t wait!

I'm not afraid of Hunter. His stats last year were pretty comparable to, or worse, than this stats during his time at IU, which wasn't good.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 5fouls said:

It’s hard to believe Rio is 43 W and Indy is 86 W

the fact Maine is closer to Africa than Florida is insane 

• Like 1

On 11/11/2022 at 6:15 PM, 13th&Jackson said:

image.thumb.png.91f2a1d6018426f5d3a55fa14de4fc79.png

And yet somewhere there is a man b!tvhing and sick of this girlfriend. Life isn’t always greener. Definitely have to learn that they all are crazy and figure out fast where they land on the meter. If it’s 3 or less marry that gal!! 4-6 just be glad she isn’t a 9…and if she is in the 7-9 range then it’s your fault the warning signs were there and you should have run as far as you could. If you married a 10…well you are probably already dead and your story was told on true crimes and made into a lifetime movie. I love my wife…and think the world of my sisters but they all are on the spectrum to some degree. Lol

Edited by dgambill
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, dgambill said:

And yet somewhere there is a man b!tvhing and sick of this girlfriend. Life isn’t always greener. Definitely have to learn that they all are crazy and figure out fast where they land on the meter. If it’s 3 or less marry that gal!! 4-6 just be glad she isn’t a 9…and if she is in the 7-9 range then it’s your fault the warning signs were there and you should have run as far as you could. If you married a 10…well you are probably already dead and your story was told on true crimes and made into a lifetime movie. I love my wife…and think the world of my sisters but they all are on the spectrum to some degree. Lol

I told my wife once that she was crazy. She didn't believe me. I told her it wasn't a matter of if she was crazy but if it was a crazy I could tolerate. 

So I asked what she would do if I left her. She said she'd hunt me down until I took her back. So I said she was a stalker but I could live with that. Then she agreed maybe she was crazy after all. 

• Haha 4

On 11/11/2022 at 4:02 PM, 5fouls said:

I just got back from Sydney, which is +19 hours different than LA, but seemingly five hours "behind" -- 9am here, 4am there... but 4am tomorrow.

Total mind-F

• Like 3

On 11/11/2022 at 7:20 PM, mrflynn03 said:

As a matter of fact my toilet is currently at 38.67 deg N latitude and Louisville is 38.24 deg N latitude.  Im sitting just a few miles north. 

And sh!! flows downhill! LOL

• Haha 1