Rutgers Game Thread

KDB

19 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Coaches to consider if we have an opening.  I know it won't happen this year but a guy can dream can't he.

Gary Patterson - former TCU head coach and current consultant at Texas. 

Bill O'Brien former PSU and Texans head coach and current OC at Alabama. 

Paul Cryst former Pitt and UW head coach.

We need experience head coaches and not some up and coming coordinator 

Really want Allen to make the changes necessary to be successful,  but if a change is made, I hope for an offensive coach that will bring some excitement.  O'Brien would be an absolute homerun.  He was really building PSU up when he left for the Texans. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Coaches to consider if we have an opening.  I know it won't happen this year but a guy can dream can't he.

So if IU had hired DeBoer and fired Allen, you would have been angry...happy...distressed or what?

Edited by jv1972iu

I got home and took some of my frustrations out from IU football by cutting down all my Banana trees!! It was time anyway. The cold nights in the fall always get to them and then they eventually turn brown and die…. Sort of sad… Like IU Football right now…😢

591C4BD8-A44E-4E6F-B139-1B7E92C6DA30.thumb.jpeg.82d8bb7b04dbad55e03f5fbcd34c99a2.jpeg

Edited by Artesian_86
  • Like 1

Was out most of the day enjoying this beautiful weather while watching. Was really happy with start. Maybe something clicked with kids realizing season is on the line,etc.... Followed by giving up 24 straight to the worst team in the Big 10 who hasn't won a home conference game in 1813 days.

Worst thing a program can have is apathy. We have it. All the momentum from 2019/20 is now gone. No clue what Allen or Bell still see in Bazelak. Been saying that for a few weeks....and if your a recruit looking at tape/film on our games....why in the world would you want to come here besides immediate playing time.

I like Allen. Always have...but I like IU more. This is just a dead in the water program right now headed into recruiting/closing season. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

I want CTA to right the ship first and foremost. But IF…

- Fickell

- DeBoer

- Freeze (best case: he’s learned his lesson; worst case: we have a postseason ban (lol))

23 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Was out most of the day enjoying this beautiful weather while watching. Was really happy with start. Maybe something clicked with kids realizing season is on the line,etc.... Followed by giving up 24 straight to the worst team in the Big 10 who hasn't won a home conference game in 1813 days.

Worst thing a program can have is apathy. We have it. All the momentum from 2019/20 is now gone. No clue what Allen or Bell still see in Bazelak. Been saying that for a few weeks....and if your a recruit looking at tape/film on our games....why in the world would you want to come here besides immediate playing time.

I like Allen. Always have...but I like IU more. This is just a dead in the water program right now headed into recruiting/closing season. 

Feels like 10 years of progress pissed away. Wilson got the ball rolling. All that had to be done was mantain a foundation of 5-7 win seasons to build on. Now we'll be starting from scratch when the time comes to move on. 

• Like 2

In my opinion, Tom Allen has lost all credibility.  Next step is loss of best players to the transfer portal and decommitment of recruits.  Silver lining?  We dont have many good players / recruits to lose  Or maybe they ARE good players but the way the team is run has made them look hapless.   Of course any solid recruit watching this crap team play will go elsewhere.  Someone please share some plausible way this IUFB death spiral gets reversed by Allen. 

~Go IU 

Edited by Lizard

15 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Well, purdue is bowl eligible today even with a loss. Unfortunately.  

The Taylor Swift curse continues. 8x in a row she's released an album and 8x Purdue has lost. Scary part is Illini who our operation beat is somehow in the drivers seat to get beat by 50 the first weekend in December. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1