Rutgers Game Thread

KDB

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

I was working in my yard all day and did not watch the game.  So, I can't speak specifically to today's performance.  But, a 2-9 season followed by a 3-8 season should start raising some serious questions about where things are at.  

2-10 and 3-9 but I take your point.  It’s a binary profession. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I was working in my yard all day and did not watch the game.  So, I can't speak specifically to today's performance.  But, a 2-9 season followed by a 3-8 season should start raising some serious questions about where things are at.  

Kind of sold them short since it was 2-10 and would be 3-9 this year.

12 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I know exactly where things are at.  Right in the effin' sh*tter.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, bronkonagurski said:

2020 seems like a distant memory now. 

I said it then and repeat it now. LEO is easy when you are on the mountain and there is no adversity. Catch phrases like keep chopping and iron sharpens iron and LEO are gimicky stuff that bad coaches use. You don’t need that when you recruit well, coach up the kids, and prepare them so they execute in key moments.  Catch phrase won’t help when kids are out there poorly prepared and mismatched talent. Sorry that’s just how I feel. It was a special season a couple years ago but it was lightening in a bottle. We have a long way to go to get back to a bowl anytime soon. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I said it then and repeat it now. LEO is easy when you are on the mountain and there is no adversity. Catch phrases like keep chopping and iron sharpens iron and LEO are gimicky stuff that bad coaches use. You don’t need that when you recruit well, coach up the kids, and prepare them so they execute in key moments.  Catch phrase won’t help when kids are out there poorly prepared and mismatched talent. Sorry that’s just how I feel. It was a special season a couple years ago but it was lightening in a bottle. We have a long way to go to get back to a bowl anytime soon. 

641 Paper Bag Over Head Stock Photos and Images - 123RF

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Lizard said:

In my opinion, Tom Allen has lost all credibility.  Next step is loss of best players to the transfer portal and decommitment of recruits.  Silver lining?  We dont have many good players / recruits to lose  Or maybe they ARE good players but the way the team is run has made them look hapless.   Of course any solid recruit watching this crap team play will go elsewhere.  Someone please share some plausible way this IUFB death spiral gets reversed by Allen. 

~Go IU 

Don't think there is a great chance.  He has to get some good assistants and keep them.  We are getting some good talent, but development is not always what it should be.  He has to think and act more like a CEO than he has. 

Like you say we could go in to a death spiral with players and commits jumping ship. 

• Like 2