For all spouting for new coach.

jojo123

Your new head coach is already on staff. Rod Carey will be the IU Football Coach starting the 2023 season. This is the same way they replaced Wilson with Allen. It's a done deal. An IU guy with previous head coaching experience. Who knows if this is good or bad? Time will tell. Gather up all the old NIU game clips you can find and sweet dreams. I think I would scrap all the Temple vidieo? 

I understand we are all so very desperate for a winner of any kind besides soccer and swimming at IU. Allen put a few good seasons together. Best in recent memory. And had a really good recruiting class together last year. I hope Carey can do better. 

Basketball looks promising this season. With that said I don't think Woody is the answer. I also  think this season will be a complete bust. With the schedule I feel they will lose some of the big games early and spiral from there. 

• Confused 2

43 minutes ago, jojo123 said:

Your new head coach is already on staff. Rod Carey will be the IU Football Coach starting the 2023 season. This is the same way they replaced Wilson with Allen. It's a done deal. An IU guy with previous head coaching experience. Who knows if this is good or bad? Time will tell. Gather up all the old NIU game clips you can find and sweet dreams. I think I would scrap all the Temple vidieo? 

I understand we are all so very desperate for a winner of any kind besides soccer and swimming at IU. Allen put a few good seasons together. Best in recent memory. And had a really good recruiting class together last year. I hope Carey can do better. 

Basketball looks promising this season. With that said I don't think Woody is the answer. I also  think this season will be a complete bust. With the schedule I feel they will lose some of the big games early and spiral from there. 

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

16 hours ago, OGIUAndy said:

CTA will be here for at least two more years, so let's not start a new thread (guised as a different topic) every week. Everyone is sick of this, but they aren't going to move on yet. He's got two years and the rest of this season. 

I was of this mindset for a while but I'm not so sure now. If this team loses out again then the athletic department will be in a tough situation and it could make for a tougher financial situation to keep Allen than it would be to move on from him. This program will be at a Crossroads for Dolson to figure out.  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

I was of this mindset for a while but I'm not so sure now. If this team loses out again then the athletic department will be in a tough situation and it could make for a tougher financial situation to keep Allen than it would be to move on from him. This program will be at a Crossroads for Dolson to figure out.  

You seem pretty well connected and genuinely seem to care about the Hoosier football program. Appreciate what you bring to the board.

Are you hearing anything about a qb switch or adjusting the offense? I still would love to see CTA make the changes to be successful, but he seems VERY slow to make adjustments. 

Is it CTA or Bell that refuse to try another qb? Bazelak has had beyond ample time to demonstrate what he can do in this offense. It baffles me that CTA isn't willing to at least try a other option. The combination of the offense and  Bazelak just doesn't work, and exhausts our defense.

1 hour ago, DC2345 said:

Nothing is impossible no matter how improbable it may seem.

4 hours ago, DC2345 said:

I suppose they could come to some sort of agreement, but that would be really dumb on CTA's part. But I hope you're right because you can't wait for things to bottom out completely. It's not fair to the coaches, school, or fans. But if they don't win another game this year, and you have the guts and/or $$, you have to do it. I thought CTA was the right guy (to lead, not necessarily to coach), but he's proven again this year he doesn't have the connections to replace his top assistants, or the coaching chops to win tight games that are necessary for IU to have any sort of success. Nobody is expecting blowout wins or even being ranked, but you have to win the tight games against the "lower tiered" programs otherwise we'll inevitably be on the outside looking in (again) for the dozens of bowl spots. They gambled with the extension and it doesn't seem to be working. Cut your losses and go after a proven commodity. The ah shucks, gee whiz, rah rah rah stuff is going to wear thin very, very, quickly if it hasn't already. 

That being said, if he pulls out a couple of wins here, I am all for keeping him. If they lose out...wow, that will be a tough situation. The rest of the season is going to be very, very, "interesting". 

But I personally don't think they will fire him until next year at the earliest.

• Like 1

I am not advocating for a new head coach, and have been on the CTA train since his hire. That being said, if this season continues to deteriorate, and we go the rest of the year without winning another game, my opinion might change. I say "might" only on the condition that we have a candidate lined up and committed to take the job. I want only former head coaches that have had some degree of success in the past, with one exception. I also am realistic enough to know that an Urban Meyer (whom I would not want anyhow) is not coming to Bloomington.

In no particular order, here is the list of candidates that I think would be viable upgrades--some mentioned already by others:

-Bill O'Brien

-Gary Patterson

-Chris Petersen

-Dan Mullen

-Tom Herman

-Bronco Mendenhall

-Troy Calhoun

-Dan Hawkins

-Todd Monken--the one  exception to the HC idea. He's the OC at Georgia

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Hoosierinbham said:

You seem pretty well connected and genuinely seem to care about the Hoosier football program. Appreciate what you bring to the board.

Are you hearing anything about a qb switch or adjusting the offense? I still would love to see CTA make the changes to be successful, but he seems VERY slow to make adjustments. 

Is it CTA or Bell that refuse to try another qb? Bazelak has had beyond ample time to demonstrate what he can do in this offense. It baffles me that CTA isn't willing to at least try a other option. The combination of the offense and  Bazelak just doesn't work, and exhausts our defense.

I haven’t heard anything. I’m not sure there’s a better option on the team and that’s the biggest issue. I also think that Bazelak is probably the best performer in practice as well. This is because he’s able to step into throws like he was able to at Missouri. That hasn’t happened at IU because of the OL. If I was on the staff I’d personally ride him the rest of the year the staff if they know that none of the other QB’s on the roster are the answer. I’m certain though that Williams will get a shot at some point. Another thing to keep in mind is that both Bazelak and Williams each have 2 years remaining as well.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

I haven’t heard anything. I’m not sure there’s a better option on the team and that’s the biggest issue. I also think that Bazelak is probably the best performer in practice as well. This is because he’s able to step into throws like he was able to at Missouri. That hasn’t happened at IU because of the OL. If I was on the staff I’d personally ride him the rest of the year the staff if they know that none of the other QB’s on the roster are the answer. I’m certain though that Williams will get a shot at some point. Another thing to keep in mind is that both Bazelak and Williams each have 2 years remaining as well.

I just don’t want Dexter to get frustrated and itchy feet then decide to transfer next year…..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I am not advocating for a new head coach, and have been on the CTA train since his hire. That being said, if this season continues to deteriorate, and we go the rest of the year without winning another game, my opinion might change. I say "might" only on the condition that we have a candidate lined up and committed to take the job. I want only former head coaches that have had some degree of success in the past, with one exception. I also am realistic enough to know that an Urban Meyer (whom I would not want anyhow) is not coming to Bloomington.

In no particular order, here is the list of candidates that I think would be viable upgrades--some mentioned already by others:

-Bill O'Brien

-Gary Patterson

-Chris Petersen

-Dan Mullen

-Tom Herman

-Bronco Mendenhall

-Troy Calhoun

-Dan Hawkins

-Todd Monken--the one  exception to the HC idea. He's the OC at Georgia

I would seriously put Deion and Jon Gruden on this list. Both might be long shots but would be immediate impact hires. Deion wants a crack at a Power 5 program, Gruden has IU ties and would allow him back into the game with very little pressure, spotlight, or expectations: https://indiana.rivals.com/news/jon-gruden-takes-in-familiar-bloomington-with-his-family

Edited by OGIUAndy
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Hard to believe he hasn't gotten any snaps. Body not ready for all the hits maybe?

Who knows…. I mean, Donovan who went to wide receiver exclusively this year, has played a few unsuccessful “Wildcats”…. I’d sure like to see a Dexter wrinkle now and again…. It’s worth a try.

Edited by Artesian_86
  • Like 1

The thing that just tears at me is. We had these same issues last year , couldn’t block, couldn’t run , couldn’t keep people off our QB! Did anyone Tom Allen or Walt Bell say in Spring practice we’re not fixing anything. We’re not getting better Mr. Hiller want the hell or you doing. 
If our coaches didn’t see this coming then we are in real trouble. Last year we had so many injuries it was crazy. This year we had some an some hurt ,but nothing like last years. 
I think it’s a coaching problem! 

Edited by OLDIUFAN
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Artesian_86 said:

I just don’t want Dexter to get frustrated and itchy feet then decide to transfer next year…..

I hear you, and think the same thing,  but if Dexter can't at least offer us a change of pace after 3 years in the program, I guess we're not losing much? I just find it hard to believe Tuttle or Williams haven't been tried on a few series in different games just to see if there's any improvement.  We literally couldn't have done worse in several entire halves this year, especially last week.

• Like 4