For all spouting for new coach.

jojo123

51 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Bryan Harsin's firing at Auburn carries with it a $15 M buyout....But the kicker is they still owe Gus Malzahn $10M.  

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/bryan-harsin-buyout-how-much-money-auburn-owes-after-firing-football-coach-eight-games-into-second-season/

Auburn is going to pull a Nebraska where they really set back their program by not being content with 9-3 program and firing coaches every couple years and creating instability. They aren’t Alabama and they never will be. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Auburn is going to pull a Nebraska where they really set back their program by not being content with 9-3 program and firing coaches every couple years and creating instability. They aren’t Alabama and they never will be. 

It is the SEC way.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, dgambill said:

No they wont. like you said they do it every year. in 2 years they will win 10 or 11. unlike IU, they get talent. I lived there for a few years, listened to it every single day, 24/7. Whats worse, fixing the issue as soon as you see it or sitting on it until your fan base doesnt care and never leaves the tailgate?

21 minutes ago, Indykev said:

No they wont. like you said they do it every year. in 2 years they will win 10 or 11. unlike IU, they get talent. I lived there for a few years, listened to it every single day, 24/7. Whats worse, fixing the issue as soon as you see it or sitting on it until your fan base doesnt care and never leaves the tailgate?

They’ve had 10 and 11 win season coaches…coaches with national championships and they still fire them as soon as they go 9-3. It’s the SEC..you will ride a roller coaster because there is so much parity that you will be at the top with a few great classes and then cycle down to the middle a bit. If you don’t bounce back I understand but man you firing a guy who hasn’t even figured out where the men’s room is yet either means you are doing a horrible job identifying the right coach or you aren’t giving him time to do his job. Has the guy even had 1 recruiting cycle yet?? I’m not saying you let it go on years but dang…he probably doesn’t even have a single kid playing that he recruited. Those are all the previous coaches kids or some transfers. You can’t just swap systems and culture overnight. That is what I’m saying…keep it up and you will end up with worse and worse coaches to choose from and your program will be unstable and fall.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, dgambill said:

They’ve had 10 and 11 win season coaches…coaches with national championships and they still fire them as soon as they go 9-3. It’s the SEC..you will ride a roller coaster because there is so much parity that you will be at the top with a few great classes and then cycle down to the middle a bit. If you don’t bounce back I understand but man you firing a guy who hasn’t even figured out where the men’s room is yet either means you are doing a horrible job identifying the right coach or you aren’t giving him time to do his job. Has the guy even had 1 recruiting cycle yet?? I’m not saying you let it go on years but dang…he probably doesn’t even have a single kid playing that he recruited. Those are all the previous coaches kids or some transfers. You can’t just swap systems and culture overnight. That is what I’m saying…keep it up and you will end up with worse and worse coaches to choose from and your program will be unstable and fall.

I understand and agree with what you are saying,  but it's the SEC, and a power struggle at Auburn. The boosters were never going to support him, and didn't want him in the first place. They control the money. And Auburn has a ton of money and will spend it to win.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Auburn will get the best coaches money can buy.  And that is not a knock on them.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, rico said:

I dunno about that.  Historically, they have been pretty dang good.  Frank Broyles.  Lou Holtz.

Yes, but the Broyles/Holtz eras ended in 1983. They joined the SEC in 1991. In 30 seasons, they've won the SEC West four times and have never won the SEC outright. They've been 5th, 6th or 7th in the West twelve times. 

Their success occurred in the old SWC, which had a couple of good teams at the top but a lot of bad teams as well. 

1 hour ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Yes, but the Broyles/Holtz eras ended in 1983. They joined the SEC in 1991. In 30 seasons, they've won the SEC West four times and have never won the SEC outright. They've been 5th, 6th or 7th in the West twelve times. 

Their success occurred in the old SWC, which had a couple of good teams at the top but a lot of bad teams as well. 

By that standard, IU should drop football! 

1 hour ago, 13th&Jackson said:

I grant you that Arkansas' success has went down since joining the SEC.  But historically they are a Top 25ish team going by all-time wins.  I think there is a reason their expectations are high every year.  Some of that older fan base is used to being a Top 20 team year in and year out.

I agree he is a really good coach! Still, did he not bring in Transfers to improve his team? If yes, Illinois isn’t a great draw no better then we should be. So it comes down to a Head Coach recruiting  his teams identify he wants them to have. It seems we can’t find anything to hang our hat on