For all spouting for new coach.

jojo123

The optimist in me would love to see Dexter, and some changes on the offensive line, put up points and win the last two games. If we can create some momentum by winning,  think Allen would get a other year to hit the transfer portal hard and try to make major improvement.  If we lose out against two mediocre teams, the team has obviously quit and changes need to be made. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Maybe you missed it but the big rumor the beginning of the week was that CTA is having some health issues.  Guess it was a rumor from the other board.  

I actually posted that. But haven't heard much since, like whether it's valid or not. 

Edited by OGIUAndy
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Hoosierinbham said:

The optimist in me would love to see Dexter, and some changes on the offensive line, put up points and win the last two games. If we can create some momentum by winning,  think Allen would get a other year to hit the transfer portal hard and try to make major improvement.  If we lose out against two mediocre teams, the team has obviously quit and changes need to be made. 

Yes. there's no "Suck for Luck" in college.  No upside to losing.  No high draft pick, lol.  It just makes it worse and worse.

Edited by BobSaccamanno

7 hours ago, Hoosierinbham said:

I agree 100%. But I am 1% confident this (winning out) will happen. But just go for broke. 

• Like 1

On 11/16/2022 at 12:31 PM, OGIUAndy said:

People pining for DeBoer are not be realistic at all. He doesn't have much of a connection to Indiana and has been at two schools in three years. He's not leaving for a third job within a few years, especially for a program like IU. Now if a top ten blue blood offered, he'd leave and probably will. He's having a hell of a first season at UW. But he's not leaving to come back to IU.  But like I mentioned previously, I wouldn't care who the hire was as long as it got some real attention. 

https://twitter.com/ESPNRittenberg/status/1595200922690457600image.thumb.png.93a57e50a8b68674f79bd88c182aa16c.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IU247 said:

IUFB has been cursed since the invention of fire. 

Hell I do not even think Bill Belichick would be able to change anything

Maybe Bill Mallory put a curse on the program after he was fired. We fired the only coach that had any sustain success because we thought the grass was greener on the other side.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Naturalhoosier said:

I think we sold our IUFB soul to the devil so the IUBB could have success. lol

How so, it has been like this for the history of IU football. In Indiana basketball has always been more popular and people care about IU basketball more. Saying that what did IU sell their souls for IU basketball. Especially the last 20+ years they have out plenty of money into the football program. Might have been a bad decision but we do pay our football coach over 5 mil a year which is like top 25 in the country.

Edited by IU Scott

17 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

How so, it has been like this for the history of IU football. In Indiana basketball has always been more popular and people care about IU basketball more. Saying that what did IU sell their souls for IU basketball. Especially the last 20+ years they have out plenty of money into the football program. Might have been a bad decision but we do pay our football coach over 5 mil a year which is like top 25 in the country.

Like I have said over and over, I see no reason why we can't be on the same level of the other mid pack teams in the conference. Something is systematically wrong at IU. Maybe we just don't have the will and are content to wait for basketball season each year.

2 hours ago, cthomas said:

Like I have said over and over, I see no reason why we can't be on the same level of the other mid pack teams in the conference. Something is systematically wrong at IU. Maybe we just don't have the will and are content to wait for basketball season each year.

I don't know what is wrong but I don't think it has to do with the lack of caring.

Edited by IU Scott

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Maybe Bill Mallory put a curse on the program after he was fired. We fired the only coach that had any sustain success because we thought the grass was greener on the other side.

Sound familiar? Seems as though IU did the same thing on the basketball side.

Someone said earlier that something is "systematically wrong". They'd be correct. Indiana has screwed up hires time after time, decade after decade. They can't get out of their own way.

• Like 1

I appreciate what Coach Mallory did for the program but I think some of you forget what those last years was like. I was there, I was on campus. I remember it. 3-21 in conference play his last 3 years (technically bumped up to 4-20 due a Sparty forfeit after-the-fact). There was absolutely no sign of it getting any better. 

My hindsight take-away is they should have started pouring money into better facilities and whatnot in 1987 when the iron was hot instead of waiting nearly 30 years. Mallory could have been our Barry Alvarez with the right support in the moment.

Edited by bronkonagurski
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Tom Allen to Auburn as DC. Great fit for him. If he cared about IU he would resign today. Wishful thinking.

Can't believe people actually think someone should just quit and give up 5 mil a year. If you had a great job and made great money you wouldn't just quit and give that up so why should coaches.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Tom Allen should probably start looking around if he hasn’t already. If he could get another job that would probably be the best for both parties but unfortunately that’s probably not going to happen.

Are you thinking IU might actually move on or just that Allen can’t fix this in the upcoming seasons?

10 minutes ago, hoopsta007 said:

Are you thinking IU might actually move on or just that Allen can’t fix this in the upcoming seasons?

I don’t think they will but he might be smart to get out before he gets fired like Mike White did going from Florida to Georgia. Allen isn’t getting another power 5 job but he might be able to land a smaller gig and no there’s a better chance of myself hitting the lottery than Allen turning things around. His time is running out.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Can't believe people actually think someone should just quit and give up 5 mil a year. If you had a great job and made great money you wouldn't just quit and give that up so why should coaches.

Thats why I said "wishful thinking" Jesus Scott get off my lawn. no one thinks that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, IU Scott said:

If, and that's a big IF, CTA is just sticking around to collect a paycheck then he has moral issues.  Where's the LEO in that?

• Confused 1