For all spouting for new coach.

jojo123

So what names could get in the mix?

Liberty is expected to make swings at some active head coaches, due to its resources. Coastal Carolina head coach Jamey Chadwell hasn’t been able to get Power 5 bites, despite his massive success at Coastal, opening the possibility of other Group of 5 jobs that pay a lot more, like USF. (And unlike USF, Liberty has won recently.) Chadwell is 31-5 over the past three years at Coastal, and he’s won everywhere he’s been. He was the lowest-paid FBS head coach before the breakout season in 2020, later doubling his salary to more than $1 million. Liberty can offer him a lot more. But would leaving the Sun Belt for Conference USA be a step up? Liberty could also make a push for other Sun Belt names like Georgia Southern head coach Clay Helton and James Madison head coach Curt Cignetti.

Indiana head coach Tom Allen has had a rough two years since the breakout season of 2020. After a top-15 finish that year, the Hoosiers have gone 2-10 and 4-8 in the past two seasons, including 2-16 in Big Ten play. Could a break be beneficial for both sides? His buyout is massive, at $20 million if Indiana wanted to fire him even after the 2023 season. But the buyout on Allen’s end to leave drops to $4 million on Dec. 1, which is plenty manageable. His salary is right around $5 million, something we know Liberty could pay, as it did for Freeze. Allen and Freeze also go back more than a decade together. Of course, leaving a Big Ten job for a Conference USA job would be basically unprecedented, but multiple industry sources have mentioned Allen’s name as one to potentially watch.

https://theathletic.com/3948746/2022/11/29/liberty-football-coach-candidates-freeze-auburn/

• Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, rico said:

How would you feel if you were poor at your job?

I would keep my job until they let me go. I had a job as a custodian at a high school that was a midnight shift. I didn't like it because I thought I should have a better job since I had a degree. I had s hard time because I always were btitef do I did a half ass job done of the time.

I still kept the job because I was a single father and needed a job. I kept it until I found something else

This SI guy doesn't have a positive interpretation of the coaching staff.

https://www.si.com/college/indiana/football/tom-brew-my-two-cents-indiana-brutal-football-season-over-so-does-player-exodus-begin

I don't know obviously, but the part about Tuttle in the offseason competition and being voted captain, etc. is definitely interesting to consider.

And the fact that both Ramsay and then Penix followed DeBoer. Damn that smarts. 

Just feels like the wheels have totally fallen on and a re-set is inevitable, even if not immediately.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, D-BONE said:

https://www.si.com/college/indiana/football/tom-brew-my-two-cents-indiana-brutal-football-season-over-so-does-player-exodus-begin

I don't know obviously, but the part about Tuttle in the offseason competition and being voted captain, etc. is definitely interesting to consider.

Just feels like the wheels have totally fallen on and a re-set is inevitable, even if not immediately.

Well if this is true about Bell I can't see a reason you don't let him go.  I never thought his high up tempo offense correlated with a defensive minded coach.  If your HC is a defensive coach then you want more of a run oriented offense with big OL. It appears that Bell wants slimer o lineman and that isn't confusing to running the ball well in the big ten

2 hours ago, D-BONE said:

Don't believe Ramsey followed DeBoer as he played at Northwestern after leaving IU to complete a graduate degree in Sports Administration.  He's a teacher in Cincinnati now. 

5 hours ago, D-BONE said:

This article has a lot of truth to it. It’s always interesting to see what gets out and what does not.  If Allen wants to be successful he needs to fire Bell asap and try to find lightning in a bottle again on offense like he did with DeBoer.  Can’t change the past but the most important note here is CTA has lost most of this team.  He seems to continue to have blind faith in the wrong people.  It’s still shocking to me how he allowed Tuttle to be treated.  I said some of the stuff in here months ago, there was a reason Tuttle was voted captain by the team.  Yet I sadly find myself realizing that wouldn’t have changed much with Hiller still around.  Just a matter of time before all these QBs got hurt, it was just as glaring a problem in 2021.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, D-BONE said:

Thank you for the correction on my egregious memory lapse. 

Hardly egregious.  Shoot, I had no clue what had happened to Ramsey.  I knew he had transferred to Northwestern and played for them as a grad student.  But I had to do a little digging to see if he maybe ended up at UW.  I always thought that he might find his way into coaching.  He's just starting at the high school level.   😊

6 hours ago, iuthruandthru said:

This article has a lot of truth to it. It’s always interesting to see what gets out and what does not.  If Allen wants to be successful he needs to fire Bell asap and try to find lightning in a bottle again on offense like he did with DeBoer.  Can’t change the past but the most important note here is CTA has lost most of this team.  He seems to continue to have blind faith in the wrong people.  It’s still shocking to me how he allowed Tuttle to be treated.  I said some of the stuff in here months ago, there was a reason Tuttle was voted captain by the team.  Yet I sadly find myself realizing that wouldn’t have changed much with Hiller still around.  Just a matter of time before all these QBs got hurt, it was just as glaring a problem in 2021.

Hiller, Bell, and Bazelak. Nothing personal against them as people,  but very poor decision making by CTA to allow how he handled them to affect the team culture. Blind faith is a great way to describe it. I wondered who chose, and stubbornly, stuck with Connor. That needs to be addressed. 

• Like 1