For all spouting for new coach.

jojo123

1 hour ago, DC2345 said:

I haven’t heard anything. I’m not sure there’s a better option on the team and that’s the biggest issue. I also think that Bazelak is probably the best performer in practice as well. This is because he’s able to step into throws like he was able to at Missouri. That hasn’t happened at IU because of the OL. If I was on the staff I’d personally ride him the rest of the year the staff if they know that none of the other QB’s on the roster are the answer. I’m certain though that Williams will get a shot at some point. Another thing to keep in mind is that both Bazelak and Williams each have 2 years remaining as well.

I appreciate your thoughts. Thanks.  Connor has struggled all year to step into throws, even when he has had time (which isn't very often).  That has lead to consistently high throws. That mechanical problem is compounded by poor decision making, which in fairness, is exacerbated by poor line play.

CTA and coach Bell see them all in practice,  and know their jobs are on the line, so I guess they feel nobody else can do better. But if Tuttle and Connor were truly neck and neck until the announcement of a starter, that tells me they were about even. How you don't give the other guy a shot, that happens to be a captain,  is beyond me. Just very frustrating. 

8 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

I hear you, and think the same thing,  but if Dexter can't at least offer us a change of pace after 3 years in the program, I guess we're not losing much? I just find it hard to believe Tuttle or Williams haven't been tried on a few series in different games just to see if there's any improvement.  We literally couldn't have done worse in several entire halves this year, especially last week.

It boggles my mind that we haven't tried a different QB.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

I appreciate your thoughts. Thanks.  Connor has struggled all year to step into throws, even when he has had time (which isn't very often).  That has lead to consistently high throws. That mechanical problem is compounded by poor decision making, which in fairness, is exacerbated by poor line play.

CTA and coach Bell see them all in practice,  and know their jobs are on the line, so I guess they feel nobody else can do better. But if Tuttle and Connor were truly neck and neck until the announcement of a starter, that tells me they were about even. How you don't give the other guy a shot, that happens to be a captain,  is beyond me. Just very frustrating. 

I’ve had some of the same thoughts. I just think that there has to be a reason whether it’s game prep or practice level that separates Bazelak from the other guys. I just don’t know what that is. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hoosierinbham said:

I hear you, and think the same thing,  but if Dexter can't at least offer us a change of pace after 3 years in the program, I guess we're not losing much? I just find it hard to believe Tuttle or Williams haven't been tried on a few series in different games just to see if there's any improvement.  We literally couldn't have done worse in several entire halves this year, especially last week.

That’s what I think. Maybe the others won’t do any better,but they can’t do worse. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, OGIUAndy said:

Nothing wrong with ideas. They should be better than former HS coaches, but we’ve hired a couple of those. 

Sarcasm not showing, I would take Gruden in a second. People that say pass are fools. That is what this school needs and always has needed. A name coach kids want to come play for. We have Big Ten TV money, its time we pay a big time coach. Who ever that is. I would even take Coach Prime.

Edited by Indykev
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Indykev said:

Sarcasm not showing, I would take Gruden in a second. People that say pass are fools. That is what this school needs and always has needed. A name coach kids want to come play for. We have Big Ten TV money, its time we pay a big time coach. Who ever that is. I would even take Coach Prime.

Amen.

7 hours ago, Indykev said:

Yes! I agree as long as we put in a performance clause! Something like if you can’t win more then 4 Big Ten games after Four years we can fire you if we want to! 
it just freaks me out that we would have to pay 20 million to a guy who, come on admit it is only going to win 1 Big Ten game in two years after six years here. These are all his guys so he hasn’t done something right. 

8 hours ago, Indykev said:

How do you know kids would want to play for Gruden especially with his racially motivated emails

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, rico said:

But kids did play for Knight when he was the object of scrutiny.  Gruden has proven to be a winner at the highest level.  What makes you think kids wouldn't play for him?  

Has he really been a huge winner. Yes he won the Super Bowl his first year in Tampa but that team already was a ready made team.