For all spouting for new coach.

jojo123

37 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

Yep. I have been an Indiana fan for about 60 years, through thick and thin. I am sick and tired of waiting for improvement. Hell, I would like to see some sustainable improvement, instead of one average year and 10 bad ones, wouldn't you?

Those Mallory years seem like a lifetime ago.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jefftheref said:

Yep. I have been an Indiana fan for about 60 years, through thick and thin. I am sick and tired of waiting for improvement. Hell, I would like to see some sustainable improvement, instead of one average year and 10 bad ones, wouldn't you?

I have been a fan for 50 years

17 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I have been a fan for 50 years

Scott, we both love Indiana. I am just tired of the same ole you know what. Other programs have turned it around but Indiana just continues to suck. I am not an Allen fan. He wasn't qualified to lead this program and build it into a consistent winner. Dolson screwed up royally when he gave him the new contract. I believe in accountability and when you cost your business or your school millions of dollars unnecessarily you need to held accountable. 

Bonehead move to waste that type of money on a mediocre coach. That move will guarantee our losing continues for may years to come. 

Have a great weekend. At least we won't lose this weekend.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jefftheref said:

I've been in it for the same amount of time. I agree 100% with your frustration because I've gone though the same experience. There is NO excuse for the Indiana football team to be a historically bad program. But, yet here we are. I'll concede we probably can't compete with the top four or five teams in the conference, but everyone else should be fair game. And, absolutely no excuse for Nortwestern, with their academics, being consistently better than IU.

1 minute ago, OLDIUFAN said:

Sounds like most of us are about the same age! It is unbelievable to me that in 50 years the best we can to is Bill Mallory! Since him we have failed miserably!,,At least he had some competitive years! 

I am the same age as you guys. We have not “failed miserably “ since Mallory. Both Hep and Wilson had competitive teams and their careers au IU were cut short, unfortunately. One tragically, the other by his own doing.

I get the dissatisfaction, but I can’t recall you ever saying anything positive and you tend to overstate the negative. Hard to converse with a broken record 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I am the same age as you guys. We have not “failed miserably “ since Mallory. Both Hep and Wilson had competitive teams and their careers au IU were cut short, unfortunately. One tragically, the other by his own doing.

I get the dissatisfaction, but I can’t recall you ever saying anything positive and you tend to overstate the negative. Hard to converse with a broken record 

Ok, wants the positives? 

1 hour ago, jefftheref said:

Scott, we both love Indiana. I am just tired of the same ole you know what. Other programs have turned it around but Indiana just continues to suck. I am not an Allen fan. He wasn't qualified to lead this program and build it into a consistent winner. Dolson screwed up royally when he gave him the new contract. I believe in accountability and when you cost your business or your school millions of dollars unnecessarily you need to held accountable. 

Bonehead move to waste that type of money on a mediocre coach. That move will guarantee our losing continues for may years to come. 

Have a great weekend. At least we won't lose this weekend.  

Was just half joking with you because you said you no longer going to make the effort to watch this team. Thought a little ironic to say that when you made the effort to come to a message board to complain 

19 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Was just half joking with you because you said you no longer going to make the effort to watch this team. Thought a little ironic to say that when you made the effort to come to a message board to complain 

I am not complaining, rather stating the obvious. It just isn't worth it to allocate 3-4 hours to watch horse crap football and to watch a bad coach get paid millions for putting a terrible product on the field.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

I am not complaining, rather stating the obvious. It just isn't worth it to allocate 3-4 hours to watch horse crap football and to watch a bad coach get paid millions for putting a terrible product on the field.

We have had plenty of opportunities over the years to jump ship but we are still here. Every can attest to that I both and complain during the game threads but I come back the next week.  I have seen enough losing from IU football to lady me a lifetime but I can't let it go and not pay attention to the game.

I also want to see them clean house and bring in a new coaching staff but I also know we won't be able to bring in a proven power 6 coach.  We either get a retreads who recently lost their job or get an up and coming coach from a smaller conference.

5 hours ago, jefftheref said:

I want him fired, along with Dolson for giving him that idiotic contract.

I find other things to do rather than waste my time watching an incompetent coach and mediocre play week after week.

Indiana Football Sucks and with a few exceptions always has!

Fair enough. I get the frustration. 

8 minutes ago, OLDIUFAN said:

I’m not hear to pick a fight ! But that’s the problem we settle for IU past standard’s! We should be trying to achieve much more! Don’t you think!,

When the trend is 50+ years, maybe it is not a trend but who this program is. They have tried a lot of different things and have money into the program the last 10+ years so what else can they do 

43 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

When the trend is 50+ years, maybe it is not a trend but who this program is. They have tried a lot of different things and have money into the program the last 10+ years so what else can they do 

They tried gimmicky coaching style.  If CTA can't  pull this thing through, throw 10 million a year at Urban.  Or 8 at Deion.  

• Like 2

On 10/27/2022 at 5:01 PM, 13th&Jackson said:

I'm just assuming no one will pay $8M to terminate a football coach at IU. People were making a big issue out of paying Archie $10M and basketball is a different deal. 

Doesn’t the new tv deal kick in for us in 2025? Plenty of money. Besides all that NCAA tourney money should come pouring in after that NC by Woody.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

On 10/29/2022 at 1:50 PM, dgambill said:

Doesn’t the new tv deal kick in for us in 2025? Plenty of money. Besides all that NCAA tourney money should come pouring in after that NC by Woody.

The new TV deal starts next summer:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/34417911/big-ten-completes-7-year-7-billion-media-rights-agreement-fox-cbs-nbc?platform=amp

Money will start rolling in next year and USC and UCLA will be here soon thereafter.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, iuthruandthru said:

The new TV deal starts next summer:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/34417911/big-ten-completes-7-year-7-billion-media-rights-agreement-fox-cbs-nbc?platform=amp

Money will start rolling in next year and USC and UCLA will be here soon thereafter.

So what you are saying is that we will have more money but still have a losing football team?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Bryan Harsin's firing at Auburn carries with it a $15 M buyout....But the kicker is they still owe Gus Malzahn $10M.  

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/bryan-harsin-buyout-how-much-money-auburn-owes-after-firing-football-coach-eight-games-into-second-season/

They sell out an 87,000 seat stadium every game. Pretty easy to do. Selling out half of a 45,000 seat stadium, not so much.

• Haha 1