2022/2023 Indiana Basketball Exhibition Game #1 - Pre-Game Thread | Marian University

KoB2011

Saturday, October 29th at 3 PM EDT

Assembly Hall, Bloomington, Indiana

BTN+ (App)

Watching Options:

Android phones or tablets.

iPhones or iPads.

Roku.

Firestick.

Apple TV.

Xbox - no in-app payment option.

NAIA Marian Knights went 26-6 (14-4 in the Crossroads League). Former Carmel High School coach Scott Heady is in his 6th year at Marian, and is 124-38 during that time...

Couple of interesting kids on his roster...

6'8 Taeshon Cherry who formerly played at Arizona State and Grand Canyon U. Actually started 17 games in 3 years for ASU's Bobby Hurley...

6'11 Jackson Ames who spent 2 years at Miami of Ohio

6'10 Nolan Foster who spent 2 years at Ohio University

6'1 Christian Harvey who was the All Crossroads freshman of the year back in 2019-20, and has made the all league team every year since...

Be a good measuring stick to see where we're at...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I honestly dont think we're going to be a great shooting team, certainly no one with Alford-like markmenship, which is what I think a lot of IU fans expect.

That said, we may be talented enough in other areas that it is not a big deal.

I don't think we have to be a great shooting team...Wisconsin won the league last year shooting a lower 3 point % than we did (31% to 33%).

We were 1st in defensive efficiency, 5th in rebounding

Although we shot the 6th most FTs in the conference, we were next to last in FT%...And we turned the ball over too much (12 per game)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I don't think we have to be a great shooting team...Wisconsin won the league last year shooting a lower 3 point % than we did (31% to 33%).

We were 1st in defensive efficiency, 5th in rebounding

Although we shot the 6th most FTs in the conference, we were next to last in FT%...And we turned the ball over too much (12 per game)

I hope like hell we get that FT% up this year.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Hey now.... it's the last week of my quarter and it's FY23 for me at work. So my stressed, anxiety overloaded brain farted on me. I also misspelled game. 

It's all good. At work I have to write dates like this 24OCT22. 

So yesterday 23OCT22 was 23MAR23 because one of the chemical expirations was March 23 2023.

I had so many corrections to make. 

Edited by mrflynn03
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Parakeet Jones said:

A guy who isn’t going to be able to use his tickets on Saturday gave them to me last night.  I’m excited my first look at this team will be in person and not on BTN+. I’m anxious to see how they look. 

I'm going the 7th. Center court row 9. Cant wait.

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

You know you can change the thread title since you started it, right?

I think only mods can, or at least I can't figure it out. For as many posts as I have, I haven't actually started that many threads. 

EDIT: I figured it out, thanks! 

Edited by KoB2011
  • Like 1

• KoB2011 changed the title to 2022/2023 Indiana Basketball Exhibition Game #1 - Pre-Game Thread | Marian University
1 hour ago, Parakeet Jones said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQnSsmu60NY

Woodson's media availability discussing the game tomorrow.  TJD and Bates may not play due to being banged up. 

I don't mind that. Should give us more time to see Logan and Malik as well some guards. Hope Race and X don't play more than 20 minutes either. Let the starters get a big lead and get the rest some minutes.

• Like 3