2022/2023 Indiana Basketball Exhibition Game #1 - Pre-Game Thread | Marian University

KoB2011

4 minutes ago, Reacher said:

I don't mind that. Should give us more time to see Logan and Malik as well some guards. Hope Race and X don't play more than 20 minutes either. Let the starters get a big lead and get the rest some minutes.

I'm especially interested in seeing Reneau against older big men (and Marian has a couple that have played in D1). The kids footwork, feel for the defense, and soft touch around the rim impressed me a lot when I watched him at Montverde... 

• Like 3

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketballs-trayce-jackson-davis-and-tamar-bates-questionable-for-first-exhibition/

“Right now we’re a little banged up,” Woodson said on Friday.  “Trayce is a little banged up.  Tamar Bates has been sidelined for the last couple practices.  “We’ve kind of been going at each other, and it’s been a long run from this summer in terms of competing against one another.”

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Coach Robby said:

I hope I'm wrong, but could see this being a decent game. We should win by 20+, but Marian isn't terrible...our perimeter defense better be ready. Not paying for BTN+ so I'll be following along on here and twitter. It's finally here!

Agreed, I would not be surprised at all if we lost...They have talent, experience, and have already played this year. We may be without our best player, and I am guessing that one of the bigger differences between coaching an NBA team (with a very long season) and coaching a college team, is the preseason...

There were lots of those differences that showed up last year....In the NBA, giving away a lead is a way of life, nearly every game includes one team going up sixteen or eighteen, just to see it go back to a two possession gam....in the college game, that spells disaster....

I sincerely hope the "second team" idea is gone. It works in the NBA because the other team is also doing it....in college teams put their best on the floor for as long as they can. Our second team going against all-Americans is not a particularly good idea...

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, mchenry34 said:

Agreed, I would not be surprised at all if we lost...They have talent, experience, and have already played this year. We may be without our best player, and I am guessing that one of the bigger differences between coaching an NBA team (with a very long season) and coaching a college team, is the preseason...

There were lots of those differences that showed up last year....In the NBA, giving away a lead is a way of life, nearly every game includes one team going up sixteen or eighteen, just to see it go back to a two possession gam....in the college game, that spells disaster....

I sincerely hope the "second team" idea is gone. It works in the NBA because the other team is also doing it....in college teams put their best on the floor for as long as they can. Our second team going against all-Americans is not a particularly good idea...

I kinda understand the skepticism due to our recent past, but I don't think there's any way we come close to getting beat today... 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1