Marian Game Thread

Inequality

Reneau - OMG was he good

Race - Love seeing him confident from deep

X - Just bad, really bad

Hood-Schifino - Should contend for Big Ten freshman of the year

Kopp - Invisible when on the floor

Geronimo - The type of performance that will get you out of the rotation quickly

Galloway - Nothing jumps out

Duncomb - Looked decent.  May have done more if he left his damn hair alone

Gunn - I like the way his shot looks

Leal/Banks - Woodson needs to find a way to get all active scholly players on the floor during an exhibition game like this.  Let them develop some confidence.  Especially Banks.  Had to be hard for him to see the other 3 freshmen getting a good run of playing time.   

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Maybe a good time to remind people to not got too excited over a single performance in an exhibition game. I believe it was Bates last year that came out blazing. Plenty of stats from exhibition games that never carried through to the Regular season. Just hope Race's shooting is not an aberration. 

1043565713_download(1).jpeg.075de3307b08c50dcc8facdc3562f271.jpeg

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

Excited for the season. Race, JHS and Reneau were studs in the first half. X and Geronimo, not so much. 

IMO, not at all. At least 3 TO's for X, and slow movement, then trying to do too much.

Geronimo making stupid fouls.

5 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Maybe a good time to remind people to not got too excited over a single performance in an exhibition game. I believe it was Bates last year that came out blazing. Plenty of stats from exhibition games that never carried through to the Regular season. Just hope Race's shooting is not an aberration. 

Hey!  Let 'em get excited!  No wet blankets allowed!  😁  But you're totally correct.   😉

• Haha 2

I tried telling people during the offseason that Reneau is already better, at least offensively, than Race or Jordan, and the idea that he's going to have considerably less playing time than them isn't in the team's best interest. If you watch Malik's high school games against high-level competition, his offensive skills jump out at you. It's going to be interesting to see what happens with his playing time. He's a first-team all-Big Ten kind of talent and is very advanced for a freshman. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, DougWil said:

I tried telling people during the offseason that Reneau is already better, at least offensively, than Race or Jordan, and the idea that he's going to have considerably less playing time than them isn't in the team's best interest. If you watch Malik's high school games against high-level competition, his offensive skills jump out at you. It's going to be interesting to see what happens with his playing time. He's a first-team all-Big Ten kind of talent and is very advanced for a freshman. 

Very excited about what I see.  Would consider him a lock starter if not for TJD and Race.  I'm not ready to say he's better than Race, though.  Experience is a factor.  

• Like 1