The Freshmen

IUFLA

The Freshmen  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the 4 freshmen impressed you the most in the exhibition VS Marian?

• Kaleb Banks
    • Jalen Hood-Schifino
    • Malik Reneau
    • CJ Gunn
  2. 2. Which freshman SURPRISED you the most in the exhibition VS Marian?

1 minute ago, rico said:

I left it up to Woody from the start of the XJ saga.  It was his decision to make imo.  And whatever his decision was gonna be I would have stood behind it without wanting the reasons.

Sure, but I don't think Woody likely gave much thought to kicking a kid off of the team for that.

Nick Saban didn't even bench the kid who punched a UT female student. We wouldn't be able to recruit if we kicked guys off the team for that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

If I came in today I don't think I could because it has already been handled.

What do you think Woodson's thoughts were on the Pitt "incidents" for XJ? 

Probably about the same.

There is no reason, imo, Woodson should even think about holding anything that happened at Pitt against him. There is absolutely NOTHING egregious there. There is immaturity, there is some bratty behavior. Minor, minor things, correctable. 

• Like 2

If it was their second or third offense then yes I would.

Good for you, I guess.

Based on what we know about the two incidents involving Xavier Johnson, we've got being out too late with no drugs, alcohol or anything "bad" involved, and driving way too fast while well under the legal BAC limit and being absolutely pleasant with the officer who pulled him over. 

That's much worse and more "entitled" than kids in the 70's and 80's were.... 

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I was most impressed by Malik. Looked to be very composed for his first college game ever. 

I've played against guys who have that instinct of when to fake, how to get you off balance then nudge you with a shoulder and lift a shot up just over your fingertips... Who have that excellent footwork and know exactly how to use their pivot foot to get a shot off...

Those guys that have a touch so soft the ball always seems to go in...

Very frustrating to play against... 

Love to watch em work though... It's a thing of beauty... 

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

It is my opinion and only an opinion that part of the problem with our society is the lack of holding people accountable for their actions. We are coddling these players and it is making them more entitled than ever.

He was held accountable by Monroe County and the State of Indiana. 

I drove 135 mph more than once. On backroads but never was pulled over. I should burn in hell for it I guess. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

I hope Reneau is not a kid who will try to jump at their first chance to go to the draft. I think he will put up good numbers coming off the bench and hope he will be patient and next year he could he a big ten all conference player. I have seen players like Orton at UK go after averaging 3 and 3

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

He was held accountable by Monroe County and the State of Indiana. 

I drove 135 mph more than once. On backroads but never was pulled over. I should burn in hell for it I guess. 

You are just lucky you weren't seriously injured or killed. Or worse you could have killed someone else.

• Like 1

I hope Reneau is not a kid who will try to jump at their first chance to go to the draft. I think he will put up good numbers coming off the bench and hope he will be patient and next year he could he a big ten all conference player. I have seen players like Orton at UK go after averaging 3 and 3

Some kids want to be in the lottery and some kids just want to be drafted.  Which one is he?

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

Just a few posts up in this thread someone besides Shep basically said he should have been kicked off the team. 

I just reread the thread to see what I missed.  NC said he would not be upset as a parent of a recruit and respect the coach protecting the culture.  If that's calling for him being  kicked off the team.  But either way, I  don't  have time to argue about anything.   X may be sitting on strike 2 for all we know.   I just can't  believe the board is arguing  the semantics of whether it is was "reckless and dumb and dangerous" or whatever other adjective that goes along with doing 40 over the speed limit on city streets.  

And a correction, i was wrong. The middle school volleyball coach wasn't  the one the planted the seed in this one.  It devolved from the idea of Gunn being confident like Devonte Green and Green would have been kicked off by Coach Woodson.  

And I guess Scott went on record saying he wanted him kicked off.  Shocking 

Y'all have a great.  

Edited by NotIThatLives
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I've played against guys who have that instinct of when to fake, how to get you off balance then nudge you with a shoulder and lift a shot up just over your fingertips... Who have that excellent footwork and know exactly how to use their pivot foot to get a shot off...

Those guys that have a touch so soft the ball always seems to go in...

Very frustrating to play against... 

Love to watch em work though... It's a thing of beauty... 

This teams going to be fun to watch top to bottom. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Orton was smart as hell though lol... he sucked AND got paid 3.2 million dollars while playing in the NBA. 🤣

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Have a great what?  I can't have a great anything if I dont know what it's supposed to be!  Now, I'm going to stress all day about what I'm supposed to have a 'great' about.

Thanks for ruining my day.

Lol.  See, I said I don't have time.  Trying to prep dinner, watch the boys and keep big brother from battering baby brother.  And build a deck.  I seriously consider the sacrifices I would need to make so my wife can stay at home.  

7 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Lol.  See, I said I don't have time.  Trying to prep dinner, watch the boys and keep big brother from battering baby brother.  And build a deck.  I seriously consider the sacrifices I would need to make so my wife can stay at home.  

I would love to be a stay-at-home-dad, though my kids are in 9th, 7th and 5th grades, so it would be a real sacrifice for me 🤣.