The Freshmen

IUFLA

The Freshmen  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the 4 freshmen impressed you the most in the exhibition VS Marian?

• Kaleb Banks
    • Jalen Hood-Schifino
    • Malik Reneau
    • CJ Gunn
  2. 2. Which freshman SURPRISED you the most in the exhibition VS Marian?

12 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

And he didn't resist arrest. They slap that charge on almost everyone. I know a guy that got resisting arrest for farting while be handcuffed. And I'm not exaggerating either. 

Didn't the office say that X was actually incredibly polite and gracious about the whole thing?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mrflynn03 said:

I was most impressed by Malik. Looked to be very composed for his first college game ever. 

Oh man yes. And there was more athleticism to his game than you could see in his HS games. I thought you could tell a pretty sizable difference in his body definition, as well. 

Just his overall skill level is very good. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Reacher said:

I like everyone in the class. I can see all of them being top players in the conference before their time here is over.

Banks 6'7/6'8 and they're comfortable playing him on the perimeter, already. I'm super intrigued by that. I don't see Gunn+Banks playing much this season and I think that is a good thing, but still high hopes for both of them. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Banks 6'7/6'8 and they're comfortable playing him on the perimeter, already. I'm super intrigued by that. I don't see Gunn+Banks playing much this season and I think that is a good thing, but still high hopes for both of them. 

Could you imagine Banks and Malik both with perimeter shooting ability. Holy cow. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Just a few posts up in this thread someone besides Shep basically said he should have been kicked off the team. 

At the time of the offense I thought he should have been kicked off the team. To me it was a pattern of behavior detrimental to the team. He was suspended for the NW game and also had problems at Pitt.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

At the time of the offense I thought he should have been kicked off the team. To me it was a pattern of behavior detrimental to the team. He was suspended for the NW game and also had problems at Pitt.

At the time of the offense? 

So... you wouldn't kick him off now? So you admit that was an over the top hot take? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I was most impressed by Malik. Looked to be very composed for his first college game ever. 

Same here, something about his smooth skill set was just very impressive. Regardless of the stats he put up, his presence was felt on the court and he looks to have a very polished skill set for his first game as a freshman.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

This conversation is only a thing because of the 6th grade girls volleyball coach Shep.  That's it.  He trolls in and laughs on the way out, probably checks in every once in a while and laughs that he got a bunch of grown men all up in arms for 3 days now.  

Literally not one person has taken near such an extreme stance against  X.  

I do agree with you that it is INCREDIBLY ANNOYING and CHILDISH when a grown man trolls by making an inflammatory comment then just leaves. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

It would just be next to impossible to run a program, but yeah, nothing wrong with it at all. 

No mistakes in this program! 

I left it up to Woody from the start of the XJ saga.  It was his decision to make imo.  And whatever his decision was gonna be I would have stood behind it without wanting the reasons.

6 minutes ago, rico said:

And there is absolutely nothing wrong with that kind of thinking.

It is my opinion and only an opinion that part of the problem with our society is the lack of holding people accountable for their actions. We are coddling these players and it is making them more entitled than ever.