Big 10 Basketball 2022-23

IUFLA

22 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Just odd watching a college game being played outside. It looks like it is a little chilly in San Diego with people wearing sweatshirts 

Listened to some of the pregame on the radio. They were saying that most college players never play outside anymore. That this would be a first for many of them.

8 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I'm sure almost every poster on here has shoveled snow off of a basketball court to play at some time in their lives... 

It is very cool seeing the game on an aircraft carrier. My dad was on one when he was in the Navy and think it was 61.  He went to San Diego when the decommissioned the ship .

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Listened to some of the pregame on the radio. They were saying that most college players never play outside anymore. That this would be a first for many of them.

Probably is very true and that is a shame.  These kids doesn't get to just go out and have fun just playing the game.

1 minute ago, DWB said:

On a different note, MSU's intensity and energy is off the charts. Looks like it's 2-3x times our intensity.

They've turned Zags over a bunch already.

So you didn't think we played with intensity lady night on the defensive end. I thought for the most part we were great defensively.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

So you didn't think we played with intensity lady night on the defensive end. I thought for the most part we were great defensively.

No, I didn't say we played badly. I just think MSU's energy and intensity has exceeded ours by a bunch so far. But then again, we haven't played competition like Gonzaga yet.

Our defense was very good against 2 cupcakes. We'll see how it is against KU, AZ, and UNC.

Just now, DWB said:

No, I didn't say we played badly. I just think MSU's energy and intensity has exceeded ours by a bunch so far. But then again, we haven't played competition like Gonzaga yet.

Our defense was very good against 2 cupcakes. We'll see how it is against KU, AZ, and UNC.

Don't see that at all because all thought we played with great intensity on defense. Pretty much picked them up 3/4 court and hounded them all game.  I was actually surprised when we were still picking them up full court in the last couple minutes of the game.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, DWB said:

Just curious. Which play or plays is Sparty showing 2-300% more effort? Or is it maybe because the talent on the court is even and it makes it appear effort on one side is that much greater? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Just curious. Which play or plays is Sparty showing 2-300% more effort? Or is it maybe because the talent on the court is even and it makes it appear effort on one side is that much greater? 

I just think MSU is turning zags over more due to more activity, more active hands, and even the commentators (even though I hate Bilas) commented that MSU's was turning the zags over for the whole game.

And oh, by the way, MSU is up 10, not because of 3's. It's because of defense IMO.

It's my observation. Nobody has to agree with it. But I'm sticking to my guns.

• Like 1