Big 10 Basketball 2022-23

IUFLA

11 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

I was probably premature.  His stats aren't bad for Minnesota despite tonight's numbers.  BUT...he's doing that on a bad team.

The color analyst (can't remember who it was) said it perfectly...Garcia has to remember he's 6'11...All he did was catch it on the perimeter and shoot it last night...Same for Battle...The only kid for Minny that even tried to go to the basket was Ta'Lon Cooper...I thought it was funny that Va Tech coach Mike Young had a walk-on and bench players playing at about the 3:30 mark, and THEN Ben Johnson decides to start pressing...Lead went from 18 to 10...

I don't think Ben Johnson lasts past next year...

1 hour ago, rico said:

Collins should have left right after he got the 'Cats in the tournament.  

With the new transfer rules and NIL, I think that any player that proves themselves with Northwestern could get poached by another school (see Pete Nance and even Ryan Young). He is definitely fighting an uphill battle...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mchenry34 said:

With the new transfer rules and NIL, I think that any player that proves themselves with Northwestern could get poached by another school (see Pete Nance and even Ryan Young). He is definitely fighting an uphill battle...

TBH, it was an uphill battle at NW before the portal and NIL.  But it is even worse now.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, mchenry34 said:

I think I read it in Coach SS's email newsletter...Collins wears thin with players the longer they are around him.  That's why many hit the portal if they think they have a chance of going somewhere else decent.

• Like 2