Big 10 Basketball 2022-23

IUFLA

3 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Curious how they’d manage/frustrate him? He didn’t play as much against Iowa IIRC because they played both Murray’s who could shoot from the perimeter. I wouldn’t put TJD/Race in that category of players you have to worry about on the perimeter. I feel like Edey could sag off of either of them tbh. 

I know you read this board often.  Race shot 40% from three over the last 15 or so games of last year.  He's 1 of 5 in the 2 official games but was 3-4 in the exhibitions.  So in 4 games he's 4 of 8.  50%.  I don't think you want to let him set up and be comfortable, that's for sure.  Now can you take it away pretty easily?  Sure, Gillis, Furst, or Kaufman/Renn could guard him but then it's Edey on an island vs Trayce.  Trayce's mobility and ability to put it on the floor a few dribbles will spell trouble for Edey's fouls.  

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I know you read this board often.  Race shot 40% from three over the last 15 or so games of last year.  He's 1 of 5 in the 2 official games but was 3-4 in the exhibitions.  So in 4 games he's 4 of 8.  50%.  I don't think you want to let him set up and be comfortable, that's for sure.  Now can you take it away pretty easily?  Sure, Gillis, Furst, or Kaufman/Renn could guard him but then it's Edey on an island vs Trayce.  Trayce's mobility and ability to put it on the floor a few dribbles will spell trouble for Edey's fouls.  

Race from 3 is one of the bigger variables on IU success 

the space and driving angles that would create 

guessing TJD is the same player he was last year which caused us problems when he was healthy in Mackey.  
Malik will be a different player than Durr….who had a few good moments but not much of a problem 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Purdue7 said:

Race from 3 is one of the bigger variables on IU success 

the space and driving angles that would create 

guessing TJD is the same player he was last year which caused us problems when he was healthy in Mackey.  
Malik will be a different player than Durr….who had a few good moments but not much of a problem 

It definitely was last year. The offense is a little bit different though with JHS+TG playing more prominent roles. Yes, RT hitting a solid % of 3s is a big deal, no doubt, but we have more avenues to getting good looks now, and not just hoping someone sags off our 4 man. And even Bates can attack you off the dribble, and JG+MR can as well vs. the guys that are regularly guarding them. 

We are playing at a much quicker pace, and I believe, we will get better looks around the rim this season, compared to years past as a result. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1

The Griesel kid for Nebraska is NOT a point guard ... 6 turnovers...

St Johns is getting after it defensively, as Mike Anderson teams always do, but boy without a reliable ball handler, the Huskers are struggling... 44-33 Johnnies about halfway through the second... 

• Like 1