Big 10 Basketball 2022-23

IUFLA

45 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

@MSU is going to be our second toughest game of the year (after Kansas).  Sparty has the look I've seen before with Izzo's really good teams.

I know KS is on the road but after seeing them just squeak out a win against Southern Utah, I feel better about that one. 

11 hours ago, 5fouls said:

@MSU is going to be our second toughest game of the year (after Kansas).  Sparty has the look I've seen before with Izzo's really good teams.

They've gotten a heck of a lot better since the Ginzaga game.  They looked awful in that game, then I heard it was 55 degrees with a steady 10-15 mile wind.  Still they looked like they would have rather played football or rugdy than basketball.   

I will sadly admit, Illinois looked like a load.  I have no clue who those guys are either.  Didn't  they get the white boy from Baylor with the mullet?  Didn't  see the mullet.   And also Texas tech best player?  Which one is he?

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

They've gotten a heck of a lot better since the Ginzaga game.  They looked awful in that game, then I heard it was 55 degrees with a steady 10-15 mile wind.  Still they looked like they would have rather played football or rugdy than basketball.   

I will sadly admit, Illinois looked like a load.  I have no clue who those guys are either.  Didn't  they get the white boy from Baylor with the mullet?  Didn't  see the mullet.   And also Texas tech best player?  Which one is he?

Mayer from Baylor, and Terrance Shannon Jr from Texas Tech... 

It was a good night for the B10, and it looks like the conference is much stronger than most thought. With IU, Illinois and MSU all wining last night we may have 3 teams in the top 15 soon. Illinois absolutely destroyed UCLA in the final 10 minutes of their game last night, with Shannon JR going off from everywhere on the floor.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

It was a good night for the B10, and it looks like the conference is much stronger than most thought. With IU, Illinois and MSU all wining last night we may have 3 teams in the top 15 soon. Illinois absolutely destroyed UCLA in the final 10 minutes of their game last night, with Shannon JR going off from everywhere on the floor.

I still think Michigan will get it sorted out 

Illini looked super athletic….gave ucla fits with press & pressure Defense 

Sparty & Illini games had better refs than IU game .  Imho 

let ‘em play 

1 hour ago, TheWatShot said:

Illinois hit 12 threes last night. MSU hit 13. We made 4. Granted, we still scored more points than either of them, but at some point, we have to start knocking down some outside shots. 

Shannon was 8-9 from 3, the rest of them were 4-16...

The Illini turned it over 21 times against UCLA... 

But, they won... And have another test vs Virginia tomorrow... 

Edited by IUFLA

3 hours ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

Should be 3 on the top 10

3 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

Illinois hit 12 threes last night. MSU hit 13. We made 4. Granted, we still scored more points than either of them, but at some point, we have to start knocking down some outside shots. 

I think we will hit some threes, but 12 and 13 aren’t sustainable.

We have a team that appears willing to take what it’s given on offense that can score at multiple levels. 

• Like 4

Maryland laying the wood to Miami (Not of Ohio)...

Nigel Pack has 2 points... That's $200,000 per point... 

I'm not sure if the Terps are top half of the Big 10 material, but I think they're better under Willard than they were under Turgeon, and certainly under Danny Manning... 

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Maryland laying the wood to Miami (Not of Ohio)...

Nigel Pack has 2 points... That's $200,000 per point... 

I'm not sure if the Terps are top half of the Big 10 material, but I think they're better under Willard than they were under Turgeon, and certainly under Danny Manning... 

The Big Ten is definitely appears stronger so far than advertised in the off season, but I still think Maryland is upper half.

Without a lot of thought I have them #5 (I have us #1 as homer, as we clearly do not have the same resume as many of the others, yet): Us, UI, MSU, Mich, UMCP