Big 10 Basketball 2022-23

IUFLA

15 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Whatever you think about Jim Valvano, that is an all-time great speech, one that will stand the test of time.  

Not only the speech but the fact he continued on with what he was facing definitely helped me focus on moving through adversity. 

Never give up is a powerful mindset if you believe it. 

Edited by mrflynn03
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Pretty tough to beat Jalen Coleman-Lands lol. Started at Illinois in the 2015-2016 season and just finished playing last year at the legal-to-rent-a-car age of 25 😂😂😂

Notre Dame starts 2 24 year olds.  A total of 5 grad transfer students on the team, probably the oldest team in D1 I would think. 

12 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Michigan's Jaelin Llewellyn to miss season with torn ACL from Kentucky game. Seemed like he was just starting to find things. I don't know the depth of Michigan but I'd say this is pretty big hit for them.

Puts freshman Dug McDaniel in line for more minutes... 

• Like 1

Bob Valvano, Jim's brother, lived in Sellersburg for several years, first when he coached at Bellarmine, and after he left there, working for the ESPN radio affiliate in Louisville.  One of Bob's sons was in the same graduating class at Silver Creek as my step-daughter.

Would see him out and about every now and then, but never really talked to him.  I'll say this though.  You could tell he was Jim's brother.  Looked like him and sounded like him.

Bob almost died a few years back after having a heart attack at the airport in Louisville.  They say if it had happened after the plane was in the air, he would not have survived.

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Whoever it is probably bequeaths the duties. Penn State home games are the worst. I only have it on because I'm doing other stuff while waiting on IU. 

Dude always sounded ridiculous...absolutely stone-silent except for him.  Every time he yells, I picture this...

This Trump protester completely lost her mind

• Haha 1