Big 10 Basketball 2022-23

IUFLA

22 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

How many of you remember when there was a phone number you could call to get the time?

I'm internally chuckling at the thought of anyone below the age of 40 processing that piece of information.

I remember my dad had an expensive Mantle Clock he had to keep wound every day. He wouldn’t let me touch it for fear I would overwind it.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

How many of you remember when there was a phone number you could call to get the time?

I'm internally chuckling at the thought of anyone below the age of 40 processing that piece of information.

This belongs in an "old school" thread.  lol  Maybe @IU Scottcan start one?  We can discuss the pros and cons of a rotary phone with a party line.

• Haha 5

6 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

12:30Z++

:) (did i do the right?)

Yessir...

We had a controller one time reset the facility clocks (which were set to GMT) for DST. Flight  Strips were popping out 30 minutes after aircrafts proposed departure time when normally they print 30 minutes prior to proposed departure. 

Our sup not too politely explained GMT doesn't do DST... He threw a couple of other adjectives in, but forum rules and all 🙂

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

Uhhhhh technically the bell is Big Ben the tower was renamed Elizabeth Tower in 2012…..

open a book 

everyone hates that guy at trivia!

Doing a double decker tour of London the guide asked who can see Big Ben? About half the bus raised their hands. Of course he had fun with that.

• Haha 1