St Francis (IN) Game Thread

IUFLA

4 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

Gunn looks like a point scorer. Though a short sample, he's been much more impressive than Bates.

I'll keep saying the same thing since the summer. The kid can score. He will find his niche on this years team but years to come he will be so darn good. Kid appears to be ready right away as well as the other freshman.

• Like 5

Man this freshman class is looking good and hopefully Banks will be able to show what he can do later in the year. Only problem with this class it probably won't be together to long. Back in the day you saw a freshman class like this you could imagine how good they would be by their junior year.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

The guys out there who don’t believe in IU are still thinking about last year’s roster, and maybe even with Archie as coach.  They aren’t counting on, or even aware of, that type of ability on the floor.  

Yeah, those who think we have the same team as last year's 9-11 bubble team, you haven't watched yet. This team is deeper, more athletic, and I'm going to say it, better at shooting. The guys, hopefully, will understand this and not press as much. I know they're only playing NAIA teams, but you can tell, this freshman class is legit. Win or lose this team will be much more enjoyable to watch. 

Edited by OGIUAndy
  • Like 5

10 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

The guys out there who don’t believe in IU are still thinking about last year’s roster, and maybe even with Archie as coach.  They aren’t counting on, or even aware of, that type of ability on the floor.  

Some of it's ignorance, some jealousy, some it's bias toward whatever Big 10 team they cover... 

This is not last year's team... Not by a longshot... 

• Like 2

On 11/4/2022 at 6:37 AM, mrflynn03 said:

He kinda reminds me of a guy named Jay who wore #3 for IU a few years ago. 😉

really?  i loved Edwards and he was something else to watch, but seems like a totally different player to me.  when i think back to Edwards i think deadly shooter and scorer, but not a lead guard type.  JHS seems more of a playmaker/lead guard and solid shooter, but not his #1 attribute.  

2 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

really?  i loved Edwards and he was something else to watch, but seems like a totally different player to me.  when i think back to Edwards i think deadly shooter and scorer, but not a lead guard type.  JHS seems more of a playmaker/lead guard and solid shooter, but not his #1 attribute.  

I guess I was just looking at how smooth he is when moving with or without the ball. 

• Like 1