2022-2023 IUWBB Season Thread

5 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Surprised nothing has been said yet of the conditions in Vegas, but I wish they'd tell this tournament to go 'eff' themselves. 

I think there is quite a bit of unneeded complaining about it. Although, I am not sure on Goodmans tweet, yet. If that is 100% how the set up was suppose to be and it ended up like this, yeah, that's lame. 

But, the ambulance situation is not ideal. Idk why it took 40 mins to get there. 

Edited by btownqb

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I think there is quite a bit of unneeded complaining about it. Although, I am not sure on Goodmans tweet, yet. If that is 100% how the set up was suppose to be and it ended up like this, yeah, that's lame. 

But, the ambulance situation is not ideal. Idk why it took 40 mins to get there. 

See I think regardless of Goodman's tweet, we've seen enough of the ballroom setups to know how they should look and this ain't it. If you can't afford to put on a good tournament, don't put on a tournament. 

4 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

See I think regardless of Goodman's tweet, we've seen enough of the ballroom setups to know how they should look and this ain't it. If you can't afford to put on a good tournament, don't put on a tournament. 

But.. if we agreed, we agreed, right? Like our athletic dept. I'm saying. 

Idk. I just looked at it like.. 2 games and go home? 

The court has been great for our offense, I will say that! 

Edited by btownqb

23 minutes ago, btownqb said:

But.. if we agreed, we agreed, right? Like our athletic dept. I'm saying. 

Idk. I just looked at it like.. 2 games and go home? 

The court has been great for our offense, I will say that! 

I think there is a reasonable expectation to have a venue befitting of a D1 competition when you agree to something unless it is explicitly stated otherwise. 

And maybe we did know what we were getting into, but the only information we have right now seems to say otherwise. 

Just now, jefftheref said:

I would of refused to play unless there was adequate medical personnel on hand. Indiana should ask for complete reimbursement for having to play in the ghetto!

There was adequate medical personnel. Mirage is stupid for not covering their ass, but 100% there was the needed medical staff there. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, btownqb said:

There was adequate medical personnel. Mirage is stupid for not covering their ass, but 100% there was the needed medical staff there. 

That is probable true, while "we" jump onto another band wagon of bad things. Medical personnel and medical transportation are two different things. Doing the planning on the need for transportation on an event like this, considering the normal proximity of available transport, probably calculated out that there didn't need to have an bus parked on the curb. Probabilities all work out, until that one time that they don't.

2 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

She plays a lot bigger than a freshman.  Huge to have her step up with Berger going down.  Do we know any more about Berger's knee?

I'm cautiously optimistic. It was not a non contact injury, I was watching. She has an MRI soon. 

Garzon is 18-34 from 3. 53% 

• Like 2