Morehead State Post Game Thread

KDB

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

XJ must be having some trouble adjusting to his new re where he isn't the only ball handler

May be, I did notice him passing up some open shot's tonight, to either make the drive or do the drive and dish.

Let's admit, so far, there seems to be one hell of a large adjustment needed compared to last years (last decade) team! It'll take a few games. We are deep!

• Like 2

Two things…

1. I was hesitant to state this earlier (and it will be interesting to see how it holds up against better competition) but we have a second TJD coming off the bench in Malik Reneau. Truly an elite player with tons of talent.

2. Bates looked solid on the defensive end. I didn’t necessarily have an eye on him at that end but just noticed here and there that he was doing some nice things. That’s huge for him and will help him stay on the floor longer.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Always refreshing how quick basketball games go when you're used to football games. If this were a football game that started at 7 p.m., we'd probably be getting ready for the second half to start right now. 

If it was an IU football game I would have already turned it off.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Really strong first performance for the team. So fun seeing the talent level has been upgraded so much!

Obviously its just one game, it's really early, and we're really good. I'd say my biggest concern for how good this team can be is mostly just identity. How will they carve out an identity and what will it be?

I understand our biggest strength is our inside depth, but we also have to carve out a perimeter identity. We can't play through the post all of the time, it's just not how the game is played anymore. 

I don’t like how few 3's were taking. Our starting backcourt combined to take 2 3pt attempts (X and JHS took 0) and our frontcourt took 57% of our shots. 

We need to put up more 3's and run more through JHS, X, Bates, etc.

• Like 7

I think this team is really, really good. 

We are oozing experience, depth, and talent. We have three, maybe even four guys down low that are All-B1G caliber players.

We have two guards as good as any in the league. Our three wings that'll get big minutes all bring unique skills to the table. 

This is easily, IMO, our best and most complete team since Zeller was here. I actually think we have less weaknesses than that team did, but I'm not sure our strengths are quite as good as that teams were. This should be a very special year. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Really strong first performance for the team. So fun seeing the talent level has been upgraded so much!

Obviously its just one game, it's really early, and we're really good. I'd say my biggest concern for how good this team can he is mostly just identity. How will they carve out an identity and what will it be?

I understand our biggest strength is our inside depth, but we also have to carve out a perimeter identity. We can't play through the post all of the time, it's just not how the game is played anymore. 

I don’t like how few 3's were taking. Our starting backcourt combined to take 2 3pt attempts (X and JHS took 0) and our frontcourt took 57% of our shots. 

We need to put up more 3's and run more through JHS, X, Bates, etc.

It would be nice to have a few sets ran for Kopp, especially when he’s in a groove like he was at one point tonight. Maybe just because it was the first game of the season we’re waiting to implement some sets until we see some stiffer competition.

6 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I think this team is really, really good. 

We are oozing experience, depth, and talent. We have three, maybe even four guys down low that are All-B1G caliber players.

We have two guards as good as any in the league. Our three wings that'll get big minutes all bring unique skills to the table. 

This is easily, IMO, our best and most complete team since Zeller was here. I actually think we have less weaknesses than that team did, but I'm not sure our strengths are quite as good as that teams were. This should be a very special year. 

This team has a coach who can adapt to the game. Zeller’s team didn’t 

• Like 1