PSA

Drroogh

3 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

It also annoys me that government employees get election day off but the rest of us don't. 

Everyone should have it as a paid holiday. 

Nobody used to be open on Sundays and the world still turned. 1 day every 2 years should be no big deal. 

We don't get it off, we do get 4 hours of admin leave to vote... 

16 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

We don't get it off, we do get 4 hours of admin leave to vote... 

That's good. My previous employer didn't allow time. Had to call in or use a vacation day if you couldn't get to the poll outside of work hours. 

I just know my bank is closed and I'm out of dollar coins. 

43 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

That's good. My previous employer didn't allow time. Had to call in or use a vacation day if you couldn't get to the poll outside of work hours. 

I just know my bank is closed and I'm out of dollar coins. 

You bank with the wrong institution,  My bank is open.  

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1

I vote but no longer feel as good about it as I once did. I'm an independent and tend to vote for candidates and not parties. The influence that corporate money has on candidates and then the laws that get passed is very disturbing to me. But I will continue to play the game and hope that eventually some positive changes are made.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jv1972iu said:

My wife and I got absentee ballots and voted early.  We're in Honolulu right now...relaxing and celebrating our anniversary.  Forty-four years together.  😊

We've been to all 50 states now.  That was something that my wife has been working on and planning ever since we were married.  We finally were able to complete it.  She's pleased with the accomplishment, as am I for her.  Lots of work on her part.  I'm incredibly lucky that she agreed to marriage.  😊

• Like 3

1 minute ago, mrflynn03 said:

Happy anniversary!  Sounds like you're enjoying Hawaii. 

I'm just sitting here looking at Diamond Head and some very blue water.  The temp in the 80's and all I have to think about is what to eat for dinner tonight.  Going to Pearl Harbor tomorrow to pay our respects to those who died there so many years ago.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, jv1972iu said:

Learning how to love, respect and enjoy each other's company.  It ain't easy, so you work at it one day at a time.  Life together has gotten better with time and understanding.

Congratulations to you and your wife... Right behind you at 39 years, and your words couldn't be more accurate... 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jv1972iu said:

We've been to all 50 states now.  That was something that my wife has been working on and planning ever since we were married.  We finally were able to complete it.  She's pleased with the accomplishment, as am I for her.  Lots of work on her part.  I'm incredibly lucky that she agreed to marriage.  😊

Enjoy Hawaii! And congrats, you sound like a man who has figured marriage out. It makes things a lot easier when you have a happy wife! Yours sounds like a planner like mine. She plans all of our trips and books everything. She’s been on an Italy kick for the last few years. 

3 hours ago, Lostin76 said:

Enjoy Hawaii! And congrats, you sound like a man who has figured marriage out. It makes things a lot easier when you have a happy wife! Yours sounds like a planner like mine. She plans all of our trips and books everything. She’s been on an Italy kick for the last few years.

Thank you.  Travel now, if you're able.  It's harder as you age.   😊

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Thank you.  Travel now, if you're able.  It's harder as you age.   😊

54 and am already finding that out. I can’t run through airports carrying huge duffle bags in each arm anymore. Roller bags are your friend!

But what you said is true, we are watching travel options shrink for my in-laws as they age. They just can’t walk the distances, stairs, etc. Heck they won’t even visit us in Brooklyn b/c of all the walking. 

16 hours ago, jv1972iu said:

That's awesome.  I've been to 38 states for one reason or another.  I have a map somewhere with the routes I've used. Don't know if I'll get to Alaska or Hawaii but would like to hit all CONUS states. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

54 and am already finding that out. I can’t run through airports carrying huge duffle bags in each arm anymore. Roller bags are your friend!

But what you said is true, we are watching travel options shrink for my in-laws as they age. They just can’t walk the distances, stairs, etc. Heck they won’t even visit us in Brooklyn b/c of all the walking. 

One thing I was never able to do was take my grandpa catfishing on the Santee Cooper in South Carolina.  He got to where he just couldn't go on long drives anymore.