Bethune Cookman Pre-Game Thread

IUFLA

4 hours ago, IUFLA said:

It's ok as long as X doesn't let it affect his play... And I think it has a couple of times... 

It can impact it both ways, that's just who X is. 

Mike Woodson is tasked with getting the most out of X, I don't think changing who he is does that. He needs to find ways to get him going early in games and he needs to get his confidence high. The way that a player like X may need to be coached could be drastically different than JHS. A good coach can handle more than one personality type.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

It can impact it both ways, that's just who X is. 

Mike Woodson is tasked with getting the most out of X, I don't think changing who he is does that. He needs to find ways to get him going early in games and he needs to get his confidence high. The way that a player like X may need to be coached could be drastically different than JHS. A good coach can handle more than one personality type.

It seemed to me last year that XJ focused more on the task at hand and less on the emotions last year as we went along...And it showed in his game...I don't think Coach Woodson tried to totally quash his personality...Just redirected it a little bit...

As far as your last sentence, if you lead people, you'd better be able to...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IUFLA said:

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-bethune-cookman-at-indiana-game-day-essentials/ 

Game day essentials from @the daily Hoosier (I hate not being able to link websites and cite posters)...

Gaudin and Hummel on the call... Let's hope Hummel gets JHS's name right tonight... 

Any bets on how he pronounces Malik's last name? Bet he's not sure in the first couple of calls, will probably say Re-new, and Re-no

28 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I have been pronouncing it... Ray-new... that is correct, correct? 

I've heard him say Ren-new. But I'm an old fart and my hearing isn't the best...just ask the wife. (luckily I've convinced her that I can't hear her, rather than me ignoring her)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DWB said:

I've heard him say Ren-new. But I'm an old fart and my hearing isn't the best...just ask the wife. (luckily I've convinced her that I can't hear her, rather than me ignoring her)

Now that I’m living in an apartment with neighbors again, I’m almost thankful for my old man hearing.

It was XJ’s team last year down the stretch.  TJD & Race seemed to be ok with that 

now a hot shot one & done freshman comes in and steels the spotlight 

it has to be a difficult situation 

XJ isn’t a stand in the corner or run off screens type of player.  He needs the ball to make plays 

1 minute ago, Dawg Bawls said:

Sitting in hospital tonight, AGAIN, gall bladder coming out tomorrow hopefully this will be a new life after 2.5 yrs of battling sepsis etc and months in hospital... i feel like IU has had sepsis for 20 plus yrs ,

LETS GOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Hope a big IU victory tonight helps you feel better.  Get well, my friend.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dawg Bawls said:

Sitting in hospital tonight, AGAIN, gall bladder coming out tomorrow hopefully this will be a new life after 2.5 yrs of battling sepsis etc and months in hospital... i feel like IU has had sepsis for 20 plus yrs ,

LETS GOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Hope you get relief and prosper! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

LETS GOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Based on your name here… my new pup is getting neutered tomorrow so he will be No Dawg Bawls😁

• Haha 4

LETS GOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Damn dude, hate to hear this.  Hope all goes well and you heal up nicely.  Go Hoosiers!

• Thanks 1