JHS

5fouls

JHS has incredible instincts. I’ll agree that he looks the part in comparison to that of EG. But we can’t overlook the impact of Cody and Yogi as intricate freshmen pieces, and where the program was before they got there. 

I see this current team in a similar light, as I saw that 12-13 team, at least in terms of class balance. The front court, athleticism  and depth of this team is better, imo. However, that 12-13 team should’ve won it all if it weren’t for not being able to beat a 2/3 zone. As much respect as I have for Crean… I’ll always wonder what could’ve been.

Anyway, back to JHS, I feel like this team is constructed to showcase his abilities in the brightest lights. I believe his impact will be as big as we’ve seen since Bailey. Really looking forward to seeing what can become of this team. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IUProfessor said:

I'd rank Romeo ahead of JHS in terms of scoring ability (especially before Romeo hurt his wrist). JHS is ahead on playmaking and defense. I'd say that Langford was a bit better overall at this stage, but reasonable minds could certainly disagree!

I saw Romeo in high school some in addition to his time at IU, and I don't think his court awareness and instincts measured up to what JHS has shown.

• Like 4

Okay, JHS looked like a freshman at times tonight, but I still want to share something about him that impressed the hell out of me. 

He gave full effort..........IN WARMUPS

Seriously, most of the other guys are doing little more than going through the motions during the warmup drills.  Meanwhile, JHS is doing each and every one with a purpose.  He snapped passes.  He got in the managers face during defensive drills.  He dribbled like it was the last minute of a tie game.  I was very, very impressed with that.  Even on a night when he goes 2-8 with 3 turnovers, be gets the team 5 boards and dishes out 8 assists.  

• Like 5