'22-'23 MLB Hot Stove League(off-season dealings)

rico

Contreras to Cardinals. So the checkbook is supposedly open yet you let the cornerstone of your franchise and best catcher in NL go to your rival because you can't pay $17M per year? 

Has to be something up with Cubs right now. Either the message Jed is slinging isn't resonating or maybe it's just people don't want to play there for rebuild. 

If we're lucky we'll only get reminded of this move 18-19x per year for the next 5 years. What a joke Cubs.

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Contreras to Cardinals. So the checkbook is supposedly open yet you let the cornerstone of your franchise and best catcher in NL go to your rival because you can't pay $17M per year? 

Has to be something up with Cubs right now. Either the message Jed is slinging isn't resonating or maybe it's just people don't want to play there for rebuild. 

If we're lucky we'll only get reminded of this move 18-19x per year for the next 5 years. What a joke Cubs.

Yeah.  I'm not even a Cubs fan and this one doesnt sit well with me.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

No faith in Yan Gomes?

2 hours ago, Naturalhoosier said:

I had a similar thought. Not only $20m but these decade deals as of late. I’m no fan of that. 5 yrs with an option is about as long as I’d go. 

Well, if Purdue ascends to #1 in the college basketball poll in the next couple of weeks, the world will end, so they won't have to pay any of it out.  

On 12/9/2022 at 1:39 AM, 5fouls said:

Well, if Purdue ascends to #1 in the college basketball poll in the next couple of weeks, the world will end, so they won't have to pay any of it out.  

And Purdue basketball has now infiltrated a MLB thread.  What's next?  Purdue basketball in our HSN FFL?

17 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Read a tweet about Nolan Ryan how he pitched 233 pitches in a game. The next start was on 3 days rest and he got the win.  After that he pitched 19 more years. I think the meaning is that it isn't just about worrying about pitch counts to prevent injuries because it is not stopping injuries.

Well Nolan Ryan is/was a freak of nature.