Next year

OLDIUFAN

I know we have three games left ,but the season feels over. Absolutely no energy from players are coaches! Seems like they have quit.
To be fair to Bell An Wilt I think you need to give them more time. If IU is going to save it’s football program there needs to be a marked improvement next year! I personally don’t have faith in Allen, but as we seen in year’s past the right coordinators can make a Hugh difference! 
We need to go after every offensive linemen we can get in the portal. I was listening to the Illinois coach when they ask him how he turned Illinois around so fast. He said he did it by bring in a great coaching staff first. 

15 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

I'm not saying it won't or may not, but.....It sure doesn't have to.... It starts with Scott Dolson.

I agree with you! That’s it’s taken this long is ridiculous. That after six years we are looking at a team this bad! Is mind blowing. Tells me Allen lived off Wilson recruits and great assistant coaches for a few years! Then bottomed out! 

6 hours ago, OLDIUFAN said:

I agree with you! That’s it’s taken this long is ridiculous. That after six years we are looking at a team this bad! Is mind blowing. Tells me Allen lived off Wilson recruits and great assistant coaches for a few years! Then bottomed out! 

Allen 110% recruited better than Wilson. Better than any other IU football coach. In fact, Wilson's shortcomings in recruiting were a big reason we went 5-7 Allen's first two years.

Every head coach needs good coordinators and assistants.

I love IU football, but man our fans treat it like the basketball team, and they're two vastly different sports, even from an organizational point of view.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, OLDIUFAN said:

Have you ever said anything positive about IU football?

I get it that we have not performed up to expectations. But you just continue to beat the negative drum. You sure that you are an IU fan, and not some troll?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Have you ever said anything positive about IU football?

I get it that we have not performed up to expectations. But you just continue to beat the negative drum. You sure that you are an IU fan, and not some troll?

I understand the desire to find the positive, but I don't see much now or in the immediate future. I've been watching or listening for the better part of 60 years. The brief good years I have seen only make the inevitable bad years that much worse. It feels like I have fallen for the scam all over again. I love IU football and want it to at least be respectable. We had that a couple of years ago, but that's all gone now. I will continue to watch and support but not heap praises on the product that we see on the field now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1