Bethune Cookman Post Game Thread

Reacher

37 minutes ago, BGleas said:

We have a chance to be an absolutely phenomenal defensive team. 

Yes we do. And beyond that, as these guys figure out their roles, we have a chance to be an outstanding offensive team as well. This can be the best two way team we have had in quite some time.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, southsidehoosier said:

I didn’t get as many pics as I wanted but it was amazing to be at the game. Haven’t been in the Hall since 2015. During a timeout my uncle goes “I’m going to say hey to Bob.” Watched him go over and  chat it up with Bob Hammel and found out they knew each other from Cook. Saw Woody get into TJD’s grill after the 1st half like we were down by 30. The television doesn’t do the freshmen justice on how fast and strong they look. 

94093AF2-EE9C-4BC5-AD11-61AA2136BF5D.jpeg

I was opposite side of court, lower level 16 rows back, but not in your picture.  How many rows back were you?  

• Like 1

A lot more length and explosiveness this year. They have to be having great practice sessions. Small sample size but banks gong to the rim the couple times he did was impressive. I think this team knows they are good. Though JHS forced a couple shots, but this would be the game I want him to and get a rhythm. Great game for him tho. Love his and X court vision. We will see how good we are next week. If we can hit 8 threes a game and shoot low-mid 70s from the line, with the defense we have, I don’t see us losing many. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 02Hoosier said:

Well, still waiting on that championship... ;)

i mean in all seriousness, it might be just a tad early to say he has proven to be the saviour.  i will always admit that i was not excited about the hire and that i am very glad to be wrong, but... we don't have a B1G title just yet and haven't accomplished anything in the tourney yet.  don't get me wrong, i am impressed and excited about the recruiting, being inside the top 15 again, and the trajectory, but ready to see how we do against good teams and in the conference.  

• Like 8

9 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

image.thumb.jpeg.e6c9da49b1b6ea8c0ef3d084453b0c06.jpeg

I loved watching that show back in the 70's........I had a "Welcome Back Kotter" lunch box...😆 I wish is played on "Cozytv", "TVLand" or ones like it. I can't find it anywhere.

I know I'm showing my age, but Andy Griffith is on at my house everyday from the time I get home from work/school at 4, till 8 p.m., when it goes off TVLand. Last night I was surfing channels looking for some shows from the good ol' days and ran across Kojak and watched an episode of that..... Now, back to talking about IU basketball! 😅

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

I loved watching that show back in the 70's........I had a "Welcome Back Kotter" lunch box...😆 I wish is played on "Cozytv", "TVLand" or ones like it. I can't find it anywhere.

I know I'm showing my age, but Andy Griffith is on at my house everyday from the time I get home from work/school at 4, till 8 p.m., when it goes off TVLand. Last night I was surfing channels looking for some shows from the good ol' days and ran across Kojak and watched an episode of that..... Now, back to talking about IU basketball! 😅

All you had to do was tie in Woody's shaved head with Kojack's, bam talking IU :)

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, btownqb said:

This is probably my favorite lineup since--- 

Yogi, Johnson, Troy, Hartman, and Bryant. I love the open post. 

Imagine this lineup too when JHS gets really comfortable offensively.

I don’t know that we really appreciated it in the moment,albeit because of the slow start to that season, but the 2016 team was a really fun group. 

• Like 5

Lots of good last night and some bad.

The good includes shooting from three, hitting FTs at a high rate, dominate rebounding, and quality depth play. Kopp on fire from three, Galloway showing signs of a shot, Geronimo bringing the energy and knocking down shots. X playing within himself and playing strong D was nice to see. Virtually everyone had something positive to add last night.  The defense for the most part looked really good but there were some clear issues (see below) to be addressed.

The bad includes giving up straight line drives to the basket from the wings with little to no help. Other than that the defense looked strong. Still, there was at least six times where an IU defender let the guy go right by them on the wing and nobody was there to help until it was too late. Against BC you can get away with that but quality teams will bash IU over the head with this until they prove they can stop it. The other concern on D is Geronimo picking up cheap fouls where, for no reason, he puts both hands on the guy he is guarding, which is an automatic foul. Other than that there were some rushed/unnecessary forced shots (multiple by JHS) where it was clear IU could score almost at will if they just ran the offense.  

Go Hoosiers!

• Like 1

And I just want to throw this one in...

Miller and Trey both stressed how important confidence is when shooting the ball in the post game... I watch our freshmen come in and play with tons of confidence... Not just JHS and Malik, but Gunn and Banks as well... Coach Woodson inspires that...

I look back to our last great freshman class in 2018 with Romeo, Rob, Hunter, Damezi, and Forrester... They never played with that confidence... Would Forrester ever have taken that 3 like Malik did? 

And, to me, that's more of an acknowledgement of the coaching philosophy and attention to the mental side of the game by Mike Woodson than it is a jab at Archie Miller... 

• Like 5