Bethune Cookman Post Game Thread

Reacher

Regarding Banks.  By the time he leaves, I think he will easily be able to play the 3 at 6’8.  His agility and mobility are excellent for his size.  

When we play in the tourney, we are going to be able to play with the Arkansas and Baylor type teams who roll out these types of versatile guys.  We are now going to be built to deal with that and it comes from having an NBA coach IMO.   

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

What did people think about the rotations and the lineups?   Personally, I really liked them.  I think he’s playing the right guys in the right order.  I know I sound presumptuous since he’s the coach.  

Take Bates.  Until proven otherwise he’s in the role he should be.  I’m very happy with how he’s looking.   More enthusiasm.  Committed on D.  Passing better.  But scoring on this level is not like high school.  He’s still got to develop.  

I tell you what though.  CJ Gunn is coming and he’s going to compete.  Maybe not so much this year because of strength and experience but he’s a very nice looking prospect.  I like his tools but maybe more so his competitiveness.  Ditto Banks.  Love, love, love this recruiting class.  

I agree with everything you said. I’m already predicting the the number one topic of discussion next off season will be how much improvement we will see from Gunn and Banks and general salivating over their development 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

A lot to be excited about but I think some of the “savior” talk, “Woodson is saving IU basketball”, and we can shoot again talk is a little premature. We’re two games into the season against two poor teams. There’s a lot to be proven this year before some of this talk. 

this is what i'm saying.  i mean Crean got us to a #1 ranking and he didn't quite end up being the savior.  it is exciting to see the trajectory we are taking and we should enjoy every bit of it, but a little premature to say Woodson has done anything yet.  

• Like 2

Four things:

1) We have a coach that is highly respected amongst the basketball community, which is nice to have again.

2) Our depth and defense should pose too much for all teams outside of the top 5 in the country. 

3) We may not get to the Final Four, but we have a team that need not catch "lightning in a bottle" to do so. 

4) This is the year we win in Madison. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Both optimists and pessimists contribute to society. The optimist invents the aeroplane, the pessimist the parachute.

—  George Bernard Shaw

What about the realist? 🤔 My post wasn’t pessimism at all, simply saying pump the brakes a little bc we haven’t proven anything. I’m certainly not pessimistic about this year, but I am reserved. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

What about the realist? 🤔 My post wasn’t pessimism at all, simply saying pump the brakes a little bc we haven’t proven anything. I’m certainly not pessimistic about this year, but I am reserved. 

My Shaw quote was meant more as a celebration of this forum, not directed at anyone specifically...

I'm probably the eternal optimist, but I get the other side too... 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Both optimists and pessimists contribute to society. The optimist invents the aeroplane, the pessimist the parachute.

—  George Bernard Shaw

The nice thing about being a Pessimist is that:

1. You were right, or
  2. You are pleasantly surprised....
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, NCHoosier32 said:

this is what i'm saying.  i mean Crean got us to a #1 ranking and he didn't quite end up being the savior.  it is exciting to see the trajectory we are taking and we should enjoy every bit of it, but a little premature to say Woodson has done anything yet.  

Somewhere buried deep in my closet is my WE'RE BACK t-shirt from around that time. I get the point for sure. 🤪

• Like 1