• Xavier
    • JHS
    • Banks
    • Bates
    • Leal
    • Gunn
    • Duncomb

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/13/2022 at 03:35 AM

So many players you can make a good argument for. Most of the starters didn't see major minutes in the 2nd half. Gallo's defense was superb, plus 2 quick 3's. Malik was as solid as you can ask for. TJD was a man among boys. Kopp was unconscious from 3 and good defense too.

I gotta think about this some more.

If they still gave away free tacos for scoring 100, it would have been Duncomb. 

But, seriously, TJD was virtually flawless.  So many people played well, but TJD truly is our MVP to begin with.  And, when he puts up a stat line like he did tonight, not sure how you go with anyone else.

• Like 1

No doubt TJD is MVP for the team this year. But in picking MVP for a game, one of my criteria is "we probably don't win it without this guy". For this game, we probably could have won it with Leal, Logan, CJ, Banks, and Bates starting and playing major minutes.

So...I gave it to Gallo. He provided the major energy lift off the bench, shot 50% from 3 (2-4), played great hard nosed defense the whole time, was +31 for the game, got OR & DR's, no turnovers and scored 10 points.

Everybody was impressive, so anybody's choice is warranted.

Just my 2¢

• Like 2

Dang I had this question in my head all night long and waking a few times thinking about it. Needless to say, I was pumped about this game.

I ended up going With Geronimo, but it was so hard for me to choose. I expected TJD's performance, X was locked in on D and maxed that while I am sure mental cartwheels over his offense, MK for 3reeeeee. I just thought that JG made big steps in his journey last night that will play huge dividends for the team in a much larger picture than just one game.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lostin76 said:

TJD is my vote, but Galloway really impressed me last night. Forgot how much energy he brings when healthy. 

agreed.  a lot of players impressed.  i just think if we're saying MVP, we're not saying the guy who had a surprising performance.  we're saying if we had to take one player away, who would we not afford to have been without.  right?

3 hours ago, IUFLA said:

See? Somebody voted for Duncomb.

We should be able to see who... 

I'm down to see who voted for what.  I don't  plan on voting because the 2nd 5 could've beaten these last 2.  It's  really hard to vote and say, we would have lost the game if it wasn't  for such and such players performance,  when we could have won without about 7 or 8 guys.

Was looking at the mini series games when students are gone.  According to kenpom right now, 3 of those opponents are some of the worst in the country.   Not much you can get out of that but build confidence in your bench and pray everyone stays healthy.

• Like 1