Can Kopp shoot 45% from 3 this year?

Reacher

21 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Look where he’s setting up

Yes, I know Nick was willing to shoot where Kopp has to now. NZ was one of my favorites. I saw his value from the get go. Ended up being able to hold his own defensively. 

Miller Kopp and any shooter would shoot a better % from a closer 3pt line, though. Those things 100% correlate. 3pt shooting % saw a pretty significant decline when they moved the line back. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Yes, I know Nick was willing to shoot where Kopp has to now. NZ was one of my favorites. I saw his value from the get go. Ended up being able to hold his own defensively. 

Miller Kopp and any shooter would shoot a better % from a closer 3pt line, though. Those things 100% correlate. 3pt shooting % saw a pretty significant decline when they moved the line back. 

No doubt that's true statistically overall.  I just think for guys like Zeisloft, Bohannon, etc it would be minimal. They had such deep range, they would adjust.

I think it's possible he can get there with the looks he is getting and being more comfortable in his role. 

I don't think it got mentioned much last year, and certainly not enough, but going from THE guy to a role player when you're playing in the same conference isn't always an easy transition. Miller was adjusting to a lot, he went from a guy that got a lot of volume to a guy we were asking to be really efficient with what he got, and I think he thought too much on offense a lot of the time.

I think we are seeing early signs this year that he is just playing now and is comfortable in this role, and so far he looks like he may be great in it. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

No doubt that's true statistically overall.  I just think for guys like Zeisloft, Bohannon, etc it would be minimal. They had such deep range, they would adjust.

True, but Bohanon has to bank his off the backboard at the buzzer....:coffee:

Kopp is a really good player and I don't think we give him enough credit. Our point guard play is so much better this year. They are getting him the ball where can immediately go into his shot. That wasn't happening consistently last year. If he keeps getting good looks, he will keep knocking them down. This team in general looks so much more comfortable and confident than a year ago. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

B1G 3pt % 2021

1. Willis 42.8%

2. Plummer 41%

3. Bohannon 38%

4. Battle 37% 

NCAA 3pt % 2021 

1. Kosakowski 47% 

2. Foster 45.9%

3. King 45.2%

4. French 44.1%

5. Loyer 43.8% 

6. Pack 43.6%

7. Venters 43.4%

8. Quintana 43.0%

9. Rogers 42.9%

10. King 42.9% 

Only one guy in the top 10 was from a power 5 conference. 

• Thanks 1