Xavier Pre-Game Thread

IUFLA

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

The bench didn't play as many minutes with Geronimo only getting 5 minutes and Bates getting 12

Yeah that wasn’t the discussion. It was about how many guys would be in the rotation.

Ive been consistent in saying I thought TJD would still play big minutes in our games against real competition and Geronimo would be the one seeing a big decrease in role. The minutes were distributed last night almost exactly how I’ve expected they would for a while now. 

Edited by KoB2011

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

Yeah that wasn’t the discussion. It was about how many guys would be in the rotation. 

No ody said we cut the amount of people in the rotation but how much the bench played compared to the other games. We should all know that when the competition gets better the bench minutes will probably go down.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

No ody said we cut the amount of people in the rotation but how much the bench played compared to the other games. We should all know that when the competition gets better the bench minutes will probably go down.

I agree on your second point that we all knew the starters would play more minutes, so when someone asks about the rotation getting shorter that implies less guys playing.

I even asked him who wouldn’t play from our 9 man rotation and he didn’t clarify by saying he thought they’d all play, just less minutes.

So yeah, the point he was seemingly making leading up to the game was about how many guys would play. 

On 11/14/2022 at 10:33 AM, KoB2011 said:

The most likely answer is that we will see the same 9 man rotation but the minute dispersion will change unless we beat Xavier by a lot more points than I think any of us are expecting. 

This is what I said, and he argued with it @IU Scott and felt the need to come back and say this was somehow wrong. 

4 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

I mean I said the minutes distribution would change, and it did, but we played the same 9 man rotation we’ve been playing.

No one would reasonably read the comments you made leading up to the game as simply saying TJD was going to play a lot more than 22 MPG. Shortening a 9 man rotation means less than 9 guys playing…

That's a weak excuse. Moving on. 

• Like 2

So you're going with the litteral definition of shortening the bench, meaning players who play regardless of minutes. In that case the bench was literally shortened. From 13 to 9. Simple check of the box scores confirms.

My guess is CMW will shorten the bench as needed. And that was the whole question from the start. For some reason it is a crazy notion to a few.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Euroclydon said:

So you're going with the litteral definition of shortening the bench, meaning players who play regardless of minutes. In that case the bench was literally shortened. From 13 to 9. Simple check of the box scores confirms.

My guess is CMW will shorten the bench as needed. And that was the whole question from the start. For some reason it is a crazy notion to a few.

Just give yourself a pat on the back and move on.