OSU Game Thread

KDB

8 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Up 49-14 and they are passing the ball and still have their starters in the game.  You would think OSU coach wouldn't want to take a chance of getting more guys hurt.  They already have lost their top two RB 

Wouldn't change a thing. Their second string is better than anyone we have. This is like watching a pro team playing a high school team. We suck from top to bottom. 

5 minutes ago, rico said:

We need to start looking in the portal asap.  Need to find O-lineman that are leaving blue bloods and sign them immediately.

We signed a ton of guys in the portal last year. Henderson has been good and is sitting on 7 carries a game despite good production. Emery Simmons is solid.  But it’s mostly guys who have been underwhelming.   I would hit jucos super hard.  We need to hit the portal but hopefully upgrade and not get castoffs.  

It is mind boggling the level of implosion between 19 & 20 and the last two seasons. You didn't expect to be competing in the B1G East at the level of the COVID year, but we've collapsed back to the depths of DiNardo and Lynch. 

Did it all come down to Penix knowing he'd never stay healthy behind this putrid O-line? That would have made heading West with DeBoer all the easier. On one hand it does look like those two guys are what everything hinged on. But it wouldn't matter who's at QB with the current turnstile group's protection.

Maybe it's really just that Allen got totally lucky and now we're simply seeing him exposed as the non-Big 10-level-coach he is. I agree with previous posts that the defense has really underachieved, which looks eve worse for him back at the play-calling helm. Lot of returning experience, purportedly strong DB unit. Allegedly strong recruiting classes of late. The only thing that's materialized is failure.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

The OC needs to go 

Need a good OL coach 

I think we need a new strength and conditioning coach because we don't look like we have much guys who are strong especially on the OL.

Actually I think the whole coaching staff needs to go.

It starts at the top. Nothing else really matters until that changes. 

• Like 1

I don't think going for transfers every year is sustainable.  We had a lot of transfers for the skill positions that have not worked out very well though injuries a factor especially with WR this year.  We have had what is said to be our best 2 recruiting classes ever the last 2 years.  If we can't develop these guys, there is just no hope with the current coaching staff.  Perhaps there is no hope for this coaching staff in any case.

• Like 1