CFB Playoff

landrus13

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Well... 11-1 trumps 10-2. 

OSU handled Top 10 Penn St on the road.. which dwarfs any win Bama has.

OSUs win vs ND is as good as Bamas best two wins. 

OSU was down 8 with 8 mins to go. 🤷‍♂️

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

They absolutely weren't stomped. And if we look at totality, OSU is clearly ahead of Bama... as every poll shows. 

I still don't see what would qualify Bama ahead of OSU or how you could argue it. They were the 4th team in the SEC, literally. 

H2H has always been by far the most important aspect of these discussions. 

OSU was stomped, the final score says so. It's a losing argument for OSU to get into how these games played out and it's disingenuous to only do so for OSU. Bama only lost one game in regulation and they lost it on the last play of the game, so getting into how the losses played out is bad for OSU.

You can just cite their record, but it ignores SOS where Bama completely dominates the discussion.

You can certainly bring up the PSU win, but it calls into question who did PSU beat? I mean, you've already discredited LSU but you are going to prop up PSU? Weak man.

You can cite the polls, but it would be misinformed to act like the two aren't extremely close in the polls right now and to ignore that Boo Corrigan said it isn't necessarily the case OSU would stay in front of Bama. 

My only argument, this entire time, has been it isn't clear who is going to get in and that there is an argument made for both teams. Both teams have some major positives and some major warts. It's going to be a debate after the games today, and frankly the games today may factor into it (how close does Purdue and LSU keep their games?)

Just now, rico said:

C'mon man.  Those aren't as good as Notre Dame and Penn St.  

Why aren't they? 

Notre Dame is 8-4 just like those two, and it was a home game for OSU. And ND was AWFUL to start the season.

And PSU has 0 good wins. ZERO. None. Nada. 

But sure, give OSU a slight edge in quality of win, but then you have got give Bama an edge in quality of loss, no?

All I'm saying is it's a debate, the fact that you and @btownqbcan't acknowledge it's a debate and won't engage on any of the points that favor Bama shows exactly where you two are coming at this from. I mean the committee already said it was a debate and things could change on Tuesday....

15 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Why aren't they? 

Notre Dame is 8-4 just like those two, and it was a home game for OSU. And ND was AWFUL to start the season.

And PSU has 0 good wins. ZERO. None. Nada. 

But sure, give OSU a slight edge in quality of win, but then you have got give Bama an edge in quality of loss, no?

All I'm saying is it's a debate, the fact that you and @btownqbcan't acknowledge it's a debate and won't engage on any of the points that favor Bama shows exactly where you two are coming at this from. I mean the committee already said it was a debate and things could change on Tuesday....

What 'Bama comes down to to me is their loss to LSU.  That same LSU team that got smoked by Tennessee and Texas A&M.  That LSU team has 3 losses.  

The only thing that it comes down for to me is... I have watched these teams a fair amount all year... and I don't think Bama is a Top 4 team... and I think OSU is. Even before USC lost, I thought they were. 

I certainly don't have some stigma against Bama. I love Saban, and have basically said every year they should be in the top 4. I just don't think this team is better than OSU. 

Guys I get the argument against Bama, I am just baffled that you’re all pretending OSU has some lock in the top 4 based on their resume. There are arguments to be mad in favor of each team.

@btownqb probably made the most compelling case (and what makes me think it’ll ultimately be OSU) when he went to the eye test. I think they’re gonna have to get make a final call based on that because neither resume does separate itself from the other. I’d lean OSU on the eye test too but if someone else leaned Bama I couldn’t blame them. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rico said:

Ohio St. is in....and I hope TCU wins.

TCU is about to throw this into chaos if they do lose (down 11 in the 3rd).  All we need is a 2 loss 'Bama team to be screaming for their seat at the table.  And if that did happen, the logical seeding would have Georgia and Bama playing each other in the semis and Michigan and Ohio State doing the same.  I can't think of a worse scenario for the playoffs than to have a Michigan / Ohio State rematch in the semis.  And, don't get me started on 'Bama.

Rooting hard for the Horned Frogs to make a comeback.  

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 2

Check your futures betting sites gang....the longer this KState/TCU game is tight I can see some $ coming in on Bama just in case. I still think Ohio St is in. TCU in a close game w/loss is better than a 2 team loss.

Of course I've been bitter about BCS/CFP my whole life. Canes beat Florida St in 2000 and Florida St was chosen to play in title game over us....

19 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Check your futures betting sites gang....the longer this KState/TCU game is tight I can see some $ coming in on Bama just in case. I still think Ohio St is in. TCU in a close game w/loss is better than a 2 team loss.

Of course I've been bitter about BCS/CFP my whole life. Canes beat Florida St in 2000 and Florida St was chosen to play in title game over us....

This. There are countless examples of them making decisions in-line with putting Bama in this year. 

I really hope ya'll are right, I'm just saying it isn't as clear cut as some are saying and we've seen them do this time after time. 

• Like 1