• Galloway
    • Geronimo
    • Malik
    • CJ Gunn
    • Banks
    • Logan
    • Leal

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/21/2022 at 03:02 AM

I went with XJ. Yes TJD was awesome, I Neau I love Mailk but I think that is was XJ that made the batter stick together and rise in the oven. This was a really good test, a REALLY good one. we had 6 players somewhat fawn in the lights of this level of competition. I don't expect that will be the case many more times this year. I feel it will be a revolving 3 of the 6 that have awesome nights. I love this depth, such a great problem to have.

OH, XJ. Shut yo freakin mouth and play on. You have the target on your back and it's already been spread around, via memo to all zebras. Just play, no more talk.

Edited by Joe_Hoopsier
  • Like 2

I'm not going to argue with anyone that picked X.  But, the reality is that TJD will be the MVP for every single game we play this year unless someone does something truly special.  Xavier (the school) has a couple of really skilled big men, but they could do nothing to slow TJD down.  His performance in 37 minutes tonight was exquisite.    

30 points

13-16 from the field

4-6 from the line

6 boards (4 offensive)

2 assists

3 blocks

We are a bubble team without TJD.  We are a Final Four contender with him.  He's our MVP every game before he steps on the floor.  Can someone take it from him for a night?  Sure.  But, they haven't done it yet this year.  

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I'm not going to argue with anyone that picked X.  But, the reality is that TJD will be the MVP for every single game we play this year unless someone does something truly special.  Xavier (the school) has a couple of really skilled big men, but they could do nothing to slow TJD down.  His performance in 37 minutes tonight was exquisite.    

30 points

13-16 from the field

4-6 from the line

6 boards (4 offensive)

2 assists

3 blocks

We are a bubble team without TJD.  We are a Final Four contender with him.  He's our MVP every game before he steps on the floor.  Can someone take it from him for a night?  Sure.  But, they haven't done it yet this year.  

Great post. To your point about someone taking it from him for a game, I think it’s much easier to vote for someone else in a blowout game versus a Bethune Cookman for example when you could’ve won the game without half the team. But TJD is gonna be our best player on a nightly basis typically.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

30 points

13-16 from the field

4-6 from the line

6 boards (4 offensive)

2 assists

3 blocks

I really hope everyone truly takes the time to appreciate the excellent college player that he's become. If there was ever a 30-6-2-3 performance that was taken for granted, it was probably delivered by TJD.

He could have a Tyler Hansbrough-type year.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, MoyeCowbell said:

I really hope everyone truly takes the time to appreciate the excellent college player that he's become. If there was ever a 30-6-2-3 performance that was taken for granted, it was probably delivered by TJD.

I said it in the game thread, but I was born in 88 and right now he is probably the best IU player in my memory.

Not saying he’s better than Cheney but I’m in my mid 30s and don’t remember Cheney. 

Edited by KoB2011
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, MoyeCowbell said:

Without a broken nose i hope...🙂

11 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

I said it in the game thread, but I was born in 88 and right now he is probably the best IU player in my memory.

Not saying he’s better than Cheney but I’m in my mid 30s and don’t remember Cheney. 

I am a little older, he isn't Calbert.  I think someone from that timeframe who he might have a favorable comparison with is Alan Henderson though and that is something.

Edited by IUCrazy2

5 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

I am a little older, he isn't Calbert.  I think someone from that timeframe who he might have a favorable comparison with is Alan Henderson though and that is something.

Yeah I’m not comparing skill set or even saying he’s as good of a player, just saying for fans in their mid 30s and younger he’s probably turned into the best player any of us can remember. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

I am a little older, he isn't Calbert.  I think someone from that timeframe who he might have a favorable comparison with is Alan Henderson though and that 

49 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Yeah I’m not comparing skill set or even saying he’s as good of a player, just saying for fans in their mid 30s and younger he’s probably turned into the best player any of us can remember. 

Would actually be a good stand alone topic in the general asketball forum. It definitely has me thinking.