Xavier Post Game Thread

KDB

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

At the end of the year this will be considered a quad 1 win.

Also most had IU a 2 point favorite and Torvich picked Xavier to win by 1 so why did anyone think it wouldn't be a close game.

I think it was mostly wishful thinking by those who thought it wouldnā€™t be close (myself included). I picked us to win by 13 but imagined a close game with us pulling away by the end.

8 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

At the end of the year this will be considered a quad 1 win.

Also most had IU a 2 point favorite and Torvich picked Xavier to win by 1 so why did anyone think it wouldn't be a close game.

It would have easily been a 8-10 point game without the technical fouls.Ā  Not only did they directly contribute to 4 points, both of them totally sucked away momentum from IU.Ā  Add to that missing 3-4 free throws at the end, and we're looking at something that should have been a double-digit win.

The fact that Jerome Hunter only got 4 minutes of action tonight is all you need to know about how far our program has come.Ā  Ā 

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

It would have easily been a 8-10 point game without the technical fouls.Ā  Not only did they directly contribute to 4 points, both of them totally sucked away momentum from IU.Ā  Add to that missing 3-4 free throws at the end, and we're looking at something that should have been a double-digit win.

The fact that Jerome Hunter only got 4 minutes of action tonight is all you need to know about how far our program has come.Ā  Ā 

I figured/speculated that we would win by double digits.

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I said it during the game as well, but if the Ts were called fairly, XU (I think it was Kunkel) should've been called for one after a made 3. His look/gesture was on par with XJs or Malik's (which were mild, tbh).

That provided them with some momentum; momentum not provided to us.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Jerome Hunter played ??? He must have sucked, because I never saw him.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, 02Hoosier said:

I think it was mostly wishful thinking by those who thought it wouldnā€™t be close (myself included). I picked us to win by 13 but imagined a close game with us pulling away by the end.

Before the season I had this game as a loss but in the prediction thread I picked IU by 7.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

The fact that Jerome Hunter only got 4 minutes of action tonight is all you need to know about how far our program has come.Ā 

The last tech we were up 8 and theyĀ  hit a 3 on that possession after hitting both free throws so it was a 5 points play

Edited by IU Scott

Just now, IU Scott said:

The last ech we were up 8 and hit a 3 on that possession after hitting both free throws.

They may have hit the 3 anyway, because it was their possession, since we had just scored.Ā  But, they definitely got benefit of the 2.Ā  And, they were just as likely to have missed the 3 because we were rolling at that point.Ā Ā 

The techs killed any momentum. Who knows what was said to make X turn around. Even so should be called

galloway and Kopp both and hustle and defend hard. They got beat some but stopped them more that you really donā€™t see because they force a pass or keep the player from getting the ball Ā I really like the potential of both bates and Geronimo Ā they will have big games this year Ā but they are not better than Galloway or Kopp tonight Ā coach went with the guys that where playing the best Ā learn from the game get better and move on

Ā 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MoyeCowbell said:

I loved that Woody kept Reneau in the game at the end, despite his inexperience at this level. He was clearly playing well (and certainly better offensively than Thompson), and I never worried when the ball was in his hands.

That, my friends, is a luxury to have.

My concern with him in a tight game like this is his FT shooting. 50% this game and 50% on the season. When I looked it seems like he didn't shoot it much better in HS. He does do a lot of good things which help to offset that but teams will look to foul him.