Xavier Post Game Thread

KDB

10 hours ago, btownqb said:

Miller played poorly because he had 0 rebs and 1 assist. Race had 8 rebounds and 3 blocks, and played poorly, as well, your words.

Which is it? How can they both have played poorly using the same criteria? 

The bold is pretty false. Race had big time mins cut as early as this evening, and he wasn't awful this evening. Seems clear if he isn't on the top of his game, MR is playing ahead of him. 

Clearly didn't read what I said. Race ISN'T in danger of losing his starting spot because Woody isn't gonna bench him. Woody likes to start experienced guys, no matter how bad. And if 2-8 from the floor is good, then I don't know what to tell you for a guy who came here as a SHOOTER.

40 minutes ago, BGleas said:

The big problem there is Geronimo can't play the wing. He isn't a wing and never has been. Into his 3rd season the only minutes he's ever played there was the NW game when half the team was suspended. 

Kopp played excellent defense last night. Why is a miscommunication his fault? How do we know it wasn't TJD's fault?

You called that a miscommunication? He went under the screen, which you don’t do with an elite shooter. 

2 minutes ago, landrus13 said:

Clearly didn't read what I said. Race ISN'T in danger of losing his starting spot because Woody isn't gonna bench him. Woody likes to start experienced guys, no matter how bad. And if 2-8 from the floor is good, then I don't know what to tell you for a guy who came here as a SHOOTER.

No I read what you said. Woodson did "bench" Thompson. 

Woodson plays the players that gives our program the best chance to win. 

15 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

Fake news again…you either can’t read numbers or lying. He had 0 turnovers 

There was the play in the first half where he got a rebound and tried to bring it up himself, went behind the back at about mid court, lost control and had it stolen. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

You called that a miscommunication? He went under the screen, which you don’t do with an elite shooter. 

I didn't call it that, was responding to someone else who called it that, but yes, sometimes going behind a screen, even when you're not supposed to, is a miscommunication with the big. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, btownqb said:

So.. Woodson purposes doesn't play certain players to hinder the performance of our team? Thats what you've insinuated. 

Nope. How many people stated last year that Race and Stewart shouldn't have been starting but Woody kept starting them. He starts guys with experience, which he has said.

Just now, BGleas said:

Steals for one team are also entered ad turnovers for whoever it was stolen from. 

Then I stand corrected on the stat sheet for his TO's. But I clearly remember him losing control of the ball when trying to dribble on more than 1 occassion. May not have been scored as a TO, but we lost possession. 

• Like 2