Xavier Post Game Thread

KDB

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

So I believe what we're all thinking about Geronimo, that the matchups were bad, but what about Tamar? 

He didn't make a dent in the game at all. I was really disappointed with his showing. He put forth effort, but he just didn't seem to be in the flow of the game. 

it looks like he's trying too hard. I like his intensity, but he gets faked out a lot.

Just now, landrus13 said:

Not the whole season.

So to help our poor shooting last year, we should have started a worse shooter than PS and MK, who had been injured for long stretches two different times last year? 

Does cohesion matter at all to any of you with these attempts to correct our staff on the rotations? 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

So to help our poor shooting last year, we should have started a worse shooter than PS and MK, who had been injured for long stretches two different times last year? 

Does cohesion matter at all to any of you with these attempts to correct our staff on the rotations? 

Taking this way too seriously. It's just a message board. Yikes.

3 minutes ago, landrus13 said:

Not the whole season.

Just give it up it’s pointless… we know starting Miller and Stew together was a bad lineup which resulted in poor start after poor start because we only had one ball handler on the floor but trying to get Btown to say anything negative about a coach is next to impossible.. the dude even defended Sheridan when he was the OC and we know how bad that was.. look at Penix now lol 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

Just give it up it’s pointless… we know starting Miller and Stew together was a bad lineup which resulted in poor start after poor start because we only had one ball handler on the floor but trying to get Btown to say anything negative about a coach is next to impossible.. the dude even defended Sheridan when he was the OC and we know how bad that was.. look at Penix now lol 

You mean when I pointed out the OL was a big problem, as well? Man.. that isn't that hard to see. 

Neither is this rotation stuff. 

Been pretty adamant on my thoughts about Archie. Crazy talk. 

Edited by btownqb

You mean when I pointed out the OL was a big problem, as well? Man.. that isn't that hard to see. 

Neither is this rotation stuff. 

Been pretty adamant on my thoughts about Archie. Crazy talk. 

Your kind of like the lamestream media.. if you ask any questions or have concerns over the decision the leaders make you get bashed. 

there’s plenty Woodson has done right but he isn’t untouchable and perfect 

• Like 1

Just now, 5 championships said:

Your kind of like the lamestream media.. if you ask any questions or have concerns over the decision the leaders make you get bashed. 

there’s plenty Woodson has done right but he isn’t untouchable and perfect 

I'd really rather just talk about our team on the court, rather than you trying to make this about me. 

Sorry I don't value you alls opinion as much as our staff and my own eyes. Its really that simple. 

I'd really rather just talk about our team on the court, rather than you trying to make this about me. 

Sorry I don't value you alls opinion as much as our staff and my own eyes. Its really that simple. 

Then you may need to get your eyes checked if you think Stewart and Kopp should have been starting together last year. I guess everyone saw that but you.

1 minute ago, landrus13 said:

Then you may need to get your eyes checked if you think Stewart and Kopp should have been starting together last year. I guess everyone saw that but you.

Mmhmmm. Thats it. Every single person on earth saw it that way, but me. 👍👍

What we see in games isnt a drop in the bucket compared to how much the coaches see them, clearly. 

3 minutes ago, landrus13 said:

The professional coaching staff with decades of experience didn't see it. 

While not loving Kopp and Stewart together, due to injuries and lack of progress from other guys, there were no better options at that position. 

I believe Galloway did get a start the game before his second injury. Also, when healthy Galloway and Phinisee were closing most games. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

The professional coaching staff with decades of experience didn't see it. 

While not loving Kopp and Stewart together, due to injuries and lack of progress from other guys, there were no better options at that position. 

I believe Galloway did get a start the game before his second injury. Also, when healthy Galloway and Phinisee were closing most games. 

Right.  Our issue was lack of talent, not the rotation. We've lessened that issue considerably. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, landrus13 said:

Everyone, including the staff, and I imagine btwonqb, saw some shortcomings in them. What you are failing to realize is that we didn't have better options. Who was going to start instead? Galloway, who spent half the season hurt and couldn't shoot? Bates, who has shown even a year later that he hasn't adjusted to the college game? Leal, who a year later still isn't seeing time? Geronimo, who can't dribble or guard the perimeter?

Most fans can see flaws in the guys on the court. Some just don't seem to realize that the guys not on the floor have any greater flaws.

• Like 5

Both bates and Geronimo didn’t do much or look that good in the minutes in the floor. That’s why they didn’t get more time. They both will have there games this year where they shine and get the minutes. You have earn them. Kopp played good at both ends of the floor. Yes he got beat several times. Geronimo and bates would have got beat sometimes too if they were in.  The coaching staff did a graft job coming back from 9 down and rotating the players. Kopp hit the big 3 from the pass out off the double by TDJ. That’s why he is in the floor. That is his role he made the big one. If he makes the layup that he completely blew or one more 3 everybody is talking about him playing good. 

The staff played the guys that gave us the best chance too win on that night. It might be race or Geronimo or bates closing out the game against UNC. It’s up to them based on how they are playing 

who cares who starts. It’s who finishes and getting the W

• Thanks 1

Malik, Trayce, and Coach Woodson post game... Love Malik's comment when someone asked, "Trayce says you're a nightmare matchup. Why are you a nightmare matchup?"

"Because they're too worried about Trayce." 🙂

Courtesy @The Daily Hoosier.

Also, Sean Miller post game

First, Coach Woodson said there was some illness on the team this week, but he was happy with the effort...

And Coach Miller is very effusive with his praise for our team, and Trayce and X in particular...

Good stuff... 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, 5 championships said:

Give me Geronimo.. Kopp had 2 turnovers and a layup that never touched the rim = turnover…Kopp got beat on back door and had a mis communication with TJD at the end which lead to Xavior 3 to cut it too 1… 28 minutes is to much for that lack of production and 5 minutes for Geronimo is to little.. would like to see Kopp at about 15-20 and Geronimo 10-15 at least… this cam fluctuate if Kopp hits a couple early and has it going but he started out 0-5 last night. Should gave Geronimo some more run. 

Wait you want Geronimo at the 3? My brother in christ he can hardly dribble. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1