Please read

49 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Honestly, that's why you will rarely ever see me posting in a game thread.  It seems the live action just brings out the worst in fans.

Geez...it's just a game people..

The game thread is also where the trolls come to play.  They aren't smart enough to have a mature discussion in a normal thread.  So, they spew all their garbage in a game thread, knowing they will find someone to take the bait.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, bronkonagurski said:

I generally avoid game threads for the same reason I watch most games alone; I can cuss and say whatever I want about my team but I get aggravated at anyone else doing it. LOL.

I had to pick my daughter up from practice and was in the car for the last 4 minutes.  When Fisch made the call that we won the game, she said "Okay dad, can you calm down now?"

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

How can we help the mods? 
I am guilty of making smartass remarks, but I don’t want anyone to have stress over this forum.

If you need more help, hopefully some of the more even minded posters would be willing to help 

Even minded posters are boring. I know.  I am one. I bore myself sometimes.  😄

Passionate reactions, debate, even a good argument is all good stuff.

However,  it has become too commonplace recently for those things to turn ugly and personal.

Then we get to name calling, personal attacks etc that is just ridiculous. 

And somehow we all forgot to avoid the foul language around here.

I never want to stop the back and forth or emotional reactions That's part of what makes this great.

I was extra perturbed tonight because I had to edit so many posts I basically missed the end of a great game.

In short, we need to reset back to our roots...

Treat people with respect

No personal.attacks

No foul language.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, bluegrassIU said:

Even minded posters are boring. I know.  I am one. I bore myself sometimes.  😄

Passionate reactions, debate, even a good argument is all good stuff.

However,  it has become too commonplace recently for those things to turn ugly and personal.

Then we get to name calling, personal attacks etc that is just ridiculous. 

And somehow we all forgot to avoid the foul language around here.

I never want to stop the back and forth or emotional reactions That's part of what makes this great.

I was extra perturbed tonight because I had to edit so many posts I basically missed the end of a great game.

In short, we need to reset back to our roots...

Treat people with respect

No personal.attacks

No foul language.

Just as a point of reference. If I say, for example..... Bad Davison is a dirty SOB. Is that foul language or acceptable... :)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, bluegrassIU said:

Well, that was a fun road win over Xavier.

With that said, I spent the entire game baby-sitting and it completely zapped my enjoyment of the game and forum.

This place has always been a place where personal attacks and foul language are just not tolerated. 

We have a culture and expectations. If emotions get high, just don't freaking post.

I am going to go back old school and start passing out bans and vacations.

We never want to moderate that way here. This place can usually self moderate itself.

But tonight I was almost embarrassed of our forum.

Debate is fine. Arguing will happen. The other stuff is not.

I am not going to spend every game doing this crap and basically missing the game. And I do not expect our other mods to do so either.

Let's be better. Please.

This is why I no longer post in the game threads. I know in the past I was occasionally one of the jackasses you would have to moderate. I got so pissed at people attacking our players and coaches, that I would then attack the posters.

When I realized how much time that mods had to take during the game to moderate, I was really embarrassed at my behavior. Now I just enjoy the game and post in the post game thread when emotions are less fraught. 

It makes me sad to think that you guys can’t enjoy the game b/c of our bickering. 

• Like 4

The reason I found HSN was because of the old IU Scout board. Normal adults, having adult conversations and input. Hopefully people can police themselves so others can enjoy the game too. Don't know why it's so hard to type $&&%*#((@(@ when you want to swear. I get this is basically one of the largest virtual bars going during a game and the liquid can get to us but feel bad anyone let alone the mods and people who put this board together can't enjoy a game.

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

The reason I found HSN was because of the old IU Scout board. Normal adults, having adult conversations and input. Hopefully people can police themselves so others can enjoy the game too. Don't know why it's so hard to type $&&%*#((@(@ when you want to swear. I get this is basically one of the largest virtual bars going during a game and the liquid can get to us but feel bad anyone let alone the mods and people who put this board together can't enjoy a game.

We've been together a long time. I posted for about a month, on the old scout board, before it disolved. 

I was 19-20 ish then. Long time ago. 

• Like 2

I found HSN by accident one night. I can't remember why. I got pulled in by @milehiiu.  It connected me back to some of my best memories.  

It's also helped me through the hardest thing I've ever had to deal with. And I appreciate and am grateful for those who know.  

I know I've been a pain in the booty with language at times. Well more often than not probably.  But in my defense Bobby Knight, Clint Eastwood, Dave Chappelle, and George Carlin are my role models. 

I want you to enjoy these games @bluegrassIU

Edited by mrflynn03
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1