Miami of Ohio Pre-Game Thread

IUFLA

Can’t wait for the game, hate those 8 day layoffs lol. Will hopefully be done putting up my Christmas decor right before the game is starting :).

Hope to see plenty of bench and would like to see TJD do more work away from the post on games like these. Shoot more free-throw like jumpers to get more confidence in doing so. 

• Like 1

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, DWB said:

Not to nit-pic Rico, but it's Miami Redhawks. Let's be respectful....at least until tip off, then all bets are off.

Nope.  It is the Washington Redskins, Goshen Redskins, Fort Wayne North Redskins, and the Miami(OH) Redskins.  

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Zville Hoosier said:

Vegas likes us by 27.5. Seems high to me coming off an emotional game and assuming our bench gets more run but we know those guys are capable of putting up points, let’s see it today!

Torvik has us winning 86-60.

Massey has us winning 80-65.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Looking at who they have played and the point spread, I don’t think this should be a close one. Like to jump out early and get a hot start. I like the neutral court aspect as i think it always adds a little pressure. They don’t have a player over 6’8 on the roster so should see a heavy dose of our bigs getting touches down low. Wonder if they will try a zone? Looking forward to the game. Go Hoosiers 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, rico said:

Nope.  It is the Washington Redskins, Goshen Redskins, Fort Wayne North Redskins, and the Miami(OH) Redskins.  

Got it off their website. 
Frankly, I don't care one way or the other. You say Redskins, I say Redhawks. Potato....potahto.  lol
(Wonder if they changed it because of the snowflakes being offended that "Redskins" might have offended somebody on another planet...)
Wo
A
MI REDHAWKSD
Edited by DWB
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Miami of Ohio fans aren't very optimistic...

Actually kind of funny posts on their part.

But what's sad is they only have 8 posts about the game. We have 33 as of now, with 500 views. And all of the Miami game air has been sucked out of the room by the Xavier post game comments so far.

22 hours ago, Euroclydon said:

I'm not concerned about a single game with one day off but I am concerned about 4 games in eight days starting with last night's win. This is where the bench needs to step up. 

The bench stepped up very well in the first two games of the year.  I expect we'll see more of the same over these next 3.    

• Like 1

3 games in 6 days with Turkey/Family on the brain. All I ask for in weeks like this are the same. Injury free and flow. I know that Coach Woodson wanted to get a game in Indy just wish it wasn't opposite of NFL. Oh well 2 TV's were made for days like this. 

I'm curious with the early start on Friday if Coach gives the kid the weekend off or is it all about prepping for Carolina?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

3 games in 6 days with Turkey/Family on the brain. All I ask for in weeks like this are the same. Injury free and flow. I know that Coach Woodson wanted to get a game in Indy just wish it wasn't opposite of NFL. Oh well 2 TV's were made for days like this. 

I'm curious with the early start on Friday if Coach gives the kid the weekend off or is it all about prepping for Carolina?

I can't do the two TV thing.  I'm leaning towards watching the IU game and snubbing the Bengals today.  The thing with IU is that, if I don't see it live, I'm still compelled to watch it on recording, which is not a good use of my time.  I can't not.  By contrast, I can skip a NFL game and not feel like I have to go back and watch it recorded.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If it appears I break board rules during the game thread, please let it be known that my intent was to type the words 'duck', 'spit', 'alas', and 'beach'.  And, if it appears I'm attacking certain posters it's not really like that, I'm just trying to........ahhh, who the hell am I kidding, those guys are nothing more than trolls and deserve all the beratement they get.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Just now, Hoosierfan1215 said:

It’s funny the first thing they went with was dengue fever…then the actual possibilities once more realistic posters commented. Thanks for bringing that to the board. Gave me a good laugh this morning.

I am a firm believer in finding and reading opponents' fan forums.  Usually always entertaining.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

I just don't want to be biting my nails to the cuticles at the end.  Be up a comfortable 15 with about a minute to go and I am good.

• Like 1