Game thread MSU

IU Scott

2 hours ago, D-BONE said:

Ambivalent reaction. Exciting and fun win. Great perseverance. At the same time, lot of luck. If it saves Allen's job, not sure I'm so hyped about the victory in the big picture.

Yeah, really happy for the players to get the win. Clutch plays by Williams and the D in OT. That said, Hoosiers were dominated statistically and MSU missed a 22 yard FG for the win. 

7 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

I'm being honest here. If IU wants long term success, we need dual threat quarterbacks and run outdated offenses. 

Nobody prepares for it anymore.  Our best success has been with ARL, Kellen Lewis(remember him)? and Dexter.  Penix could run too. 

Isn't  dual threat qb and outdated offenses an oxymoron?

7 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

I'm being honest here. If IU wants long term success, we need dual threat quarterbacks and run outdated offenses. 

Nobody prepares for it anymore.  Our best success has been with ARL, Kellen Lewis(remember him)? and Dexter.  Penix could run too. 

Our best success was with Peyton Ramsey, and you're exactly right. It was always our best route to success. 

I dont think Dexter was ready with new offense/new OC/Dexter coming off ACL surgery to start early in the year. Undoubtedly we always needed a dual back there, I'm always willing to sacrifice a little accuracy for legs. 

The weather... no Camper, no DJ Matthews on offense. Really hurt our passing game for being Williams first game. 

I don't think we need to run any sort of outdated offense, but we can use some elements of outdated offenses to absolutely help us... buck sweep, counter, all of our jet action stuff. I would still like a guard trap. This stuff slows DL down from pinning their ears back because they might get KO'd coming across the ball.If you can't block them, trap them. We also went unbalanced/TE ineligible multiple times yesterday and had success. I think we even brought in an extra T. 

Continued innovation. Continue with the bubbles, they're necessary(think the weather didnt allow that yesterday). Find an RPO package to use with Barner. 

I like what we've seen. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

Jaylin Lucas is FAST. The team needs more speed like that. 

Yes. We added another kid, Kamryn Perry that I'm intrigued about, as well. Smaller slot WR. Omar Cooper can run too..  both true FR. 

But..  McCulley fits that idea, so does Williams, and Shivers. McCulley in the fact that he has great speed with the rest of his skill set. Defenses HAVE to respect a jet fake to Lucas. 

Lucas KOR was the biggest play of the game, imo. Down 17 with 20 mins to play with no mo on our side. I highly doubt we were going to go 75 yards there for 7 points. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 2

Crickets from some of the negative guys this morning. At least @D-BONEgave somewhat of a kudos. @OLDIUFANnowhere to be found. 

I get that the program has not met expectations and that it’s another year of a losing record. But when a team that has nothing but pride to play for comes back like they did, they deserve some respect. Constantly being negative becomes a drone of ignored noise 

• Like 4

Coach Allen should be the coach until his contract is up. He has done a good job while playing in one of the best league divisions in college football. Lets take a look at some of the Names the media just loves to gush over in the west. Fleck. What has he done. The Big Beef from the Illini. What has he done? Hell even Ferentz at Iowa has underperformed a lot of years. And all of this while playing in the west. Keep Allen and this program will be solid. 

14 minutes ago, jojo123 said:

Coach Allen should be the coach until his contract is up. He has done a good job while playing in one of the best league divisions in college football. Lets take a look at some of the Names the media just loves to gush over in the west. Fleck. What has he done. The Big Beef from the Illini. What has he done? Hell even Ferentz at Iowa has underperformed a lot of years. And all of this while playing in the west. Keep Allen and this program will be solid. 

The "Big Beef" at Illinois doesn't belong on your list.

2 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Crickets from some of the negative guys this morning. At least @D-BONEgave somewhat of a kudos. @OLDIUFANnowhere to be found. 

I get that the program has not met expectations and that it’s another year of a losing record. But when a team that has nothing but pride to play for comes back like they did, they deserve some respect. Constantly being negative becomes a drone of ignored noise 

Sorry, for not responding Steubenhoosier but like I said earlier I was traveling and would be able to watch the game. I am home now an watching the taped game! 
Very excited for this team to get this big win! Hopefully we can build on the   Momentum! 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, D-BONE said:

Ambivalent reaction. Exciting and fun win. Great perseverance. At the same time, lot of luck. If it saves Allen's job, not sure I'm so hyped about the victory in the big picture.

I don’t really understand this comment. Allen’s job is not on the line, at least not this year. The contract situation trumps performance issues for the foreseeable future.

Let’s just enjoy the win.