Game thread MSU

IU Scott

11 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Why did we need the huge buyout because it isn't like a lot of teams would be knocking the door down to hire Allen

Umm.. that was false at the time of the buyout negotiation. Why do we have so many conversations on here that are retrospective? 

But sure, Dolson should have just let Allen walk. That would have went over TREMENDOUSLY well! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, btownqb said:

Umm.. that was false at the time of the buyout negotiation. Why do we have so many conversations on here that are retrospective? 

But sure, Dolson should have just let Allen walk. That would have went over TREMENDOUSLY well! 

Yeah, I'm not pleased with the results of this season and last year, but coach Allen was a hot name after our 2020 season. I mean, we should've played in the B1G title game. At Indiana.  We were honestly lucky to keep him. Wish the buyout wasn't so high, but coach Allen and his agent held the cards in that negotiation. 

• Like 1

Like jesus... this is the situation we are in... who absolutely friggin knows what will happen with the portal, but imo.... 

Camper gets healthy, the TE room should be excellent next year, Williams continued growth, imo we have a solid stable of decent young playmakers, need to add to it..... Will Henderson come back?

What about Bedford? OL brings a fair amount back and have some cohesion with Walt Bell going into Year 2. idk... do I think we can win 9 games next year? No.... Do I think we can improve upon this year, after we improved this year compared to last? Yes, I do. 

Guys I really don't know what the answer here is.... but anybody who pretends they do is lying. 

• Like 3

Just now, Hoosierinbham said:

Yeah, I'm not pleased with the results of this season and last year, but coach Allen was a hot name after our 2020 season. I mean, we should've played in the B1G title game. At Indiana.  We were honestly lucky to keep him. Wish the buyout wasn't so high, but coach Allen and his agent held the cards in that negotiation. 

I don't color it that big of a deal if we hold onto him for next season. I don't think it's some gross mismanagement, but doubt I convince anyone else of that. 

Yeah, Indiana ended the season in the Top 15 of the polls. Literally.... hasn't happened in my 32 years on this earth. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I don't color it that big of a deal if we hold onto him for next season. I don't think it's some gross mismanagement, but doubt I convince anyone else of that. 

Yeah, Indiana ended the season in the Top 15 of the polls. Literally.... hasn't happened in my 32 years on this earth. 

Agree. If the team would've completely quit and gotten destroyed by MSU and Purdue,  I would feel different. If we can win the Bucket game, we might create some momentum for next season. We'll need to make some significant personnel upgrades,  but there are some pieces in place that give me hope. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, btownqb said:

Exactly.  And coming from someone  always talking about the past should remember that CTA was listed all over the place.  I can't remember the exact jobs but it included sec and other southern opportunities that are more fertile and attractive.   

There are current articles to usf and this old one.   https://saturdaytradition.com/indiana-football/tom-allens-name-has-surfaced-as-a-candidate-for-cfb-vacancies-but-indiana-head-coach-says-hes-not-talked-with-anyone/

• Like 2

10 hours ago, btownqb said:

Like jesus... this is the situation we are in... who absolutely friggin knows what will happen with the portal, but imo.... 

Camper gets healthy, the TE room should be excellent next year, Williams continued growth, imo we have a solid stable of decent young playmakers, need to add to it..... Will Henderson come back?

What about Bedford? OL brings a fair amount back and have some cohesion with Walt Bell going into Year 2. idk... do I think we can win 9 games next year? No.... Do I think we can improve upon this year, after we improved this year compared to last? Yes, I do. 

Guys I really don't know what the answer here is.... but anybody who pretends they do is lying. 

If you have watched at all my friend its pretty  easy to predict....lol. We have 2 more years of the same.