Arkansas Little Rock Pre-Game Thread

IUFLA

When: Wednesday November 23rd 6:30 pm EST 

Where: Assembly Hall, Bloomington Indiana 

TV: BTN 

Arkansas Little Rock Trojans come into Assembly Hall with a 2-3 record

image.png.fcffa9a47bcafcfa132d67a9928c84cc.png

Former Arkansas Razorback star Darrell Walker is in his 6th season as the Trojans coach (52-67)

image.thumb.png.3339b4e1852b8e0d61b97aa23f3a771f.png

Another team with no real size to deal with Trayce, Race, and Malik. I think this will be another chance for the 2nd team and a CJ and Kaleb to get some minutes...They've started to earn them...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

So I don't know how bad TJD's back is (he had an icepack on it at the end of the Miami game), but I would think if it's any concern, that Malik, Geronimo, and even Banks might be in line for more minutes, not only against ALR, but Jackson State as well... 

Be very cautious with him because we can still win those games without him. We need him ready for UNC more than anything but I hope he can play some in those games. Don't want to see him go 10 days between action.

• Like 6

Just now, IU Scott said:

Be very cautious with him because we can still win those games without him. We need him ready for UNC more than anything but I hope he can play some in those games. Don't want to see him go 10 days between action.

I agree... Don't want him rusty, but I'd like to see him play 15 minutes or less in each

• Like 5

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

For sure! Let Reneau and Duncomb handle the 5 spot with most of the minutes. Would like to get some of the 2nd unit guys and then the 3rd unit a lot of run the next two games, get them more in an offensive flow.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Why would a college choose 'Trojan' as a mascot?  

I'd reverse that and say why don't descendants of Troy, historians, and colleges that use that nickname get together and ask that company to name it's product something appropriate like "Wasn'tMe" or "MyAlibi"? 😉 

3 hours ago, 5fouls said:

What kind of NIL opportunities do the players get?  

I don't know about other schools, but Purdue is probably out of that race... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Madison22 said:

The Fort Wayne Mastodons beat Archie Miller's IU team by 20 points, 92 - 72, in Bloomington.

Fort Wayne bombed in 17 three-pointers over the pack line defense.

May these dark days never return.

FW was 7-13 from three in the first half. Then hit 10-17 in the second half. That is a stubborn coach. How you don't say at half-time, "OK, you guys have all played straight man before. Forget the pack line and chase them off the line.", is beyond belief. 

• Like 2

On 11/22/2022 at 11:18 AM, Madison22 said:

The Fort Wayne Mastodons beat Archie Miller's IU team by 20 points, 92 - 72, in Bloomington.

Fort Wayne bombed in 17 three-pointers over the pack line defense.

May these dark days never return.

I'll never forget we were so mad about losing to IPFW by two points in overtime on the road, that we fired that coach and brought in a guy to lose to the same team by 20 in Bloomington.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2