Well… it is Bucket week!

6 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Obviously, Purdue's game plan will be to load the box, stop the run and force Dexter to use his arm. I sure feel much better about IU with a mobile QB! If we can somehow make some meaningful throws against Purdue.....that opens up the run. Pick you poison.

His arm looks decent.  There were a few drops, and the game should slow down for him in his third game. His legs, with increased usage of Jaylin Lucas, is cause for excitement.

Now if we can just get some pressure on the qb. Can't let him sit back there all day, or he'll pick us apart. With moderate pressure, our db's can more than hold their own. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Obviously, Purdue's game plan will be to load the box, stop the run and force Dexter to use his arm. I sure feel much better about IU with a mobile QB! If we can somehow make some meaningful throws against Purdue.....that opens up the run. Pick you poison.

Our secondary has been extremely hit or miss this season so it wouldn’t surprise me to see you have success through the air. 

I want, want, want to be believe that IU can put it together and pull out a W. I'm just not seeing it.

I love what Lucas has brought to the team -- he's an explosive and exciting player with tons of upside. Dexter brings an added wrinkle that wasn't present with Bazelak. But even with those positives (which should not be taken lightly), IU hasn't put together a complete game that signals confidence to do so again.

There has to be more balance on offense, as 7 pass attempts simply isn't enough. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MoyeCowbell said:

I want, want, want to be believe that IU can put it together and pull out a W. I'm just not seeing it.

I love what Lucas has brought to the team -- he's an explosive and exciting player with tons of upside. Dexter brings an added wrinkle that wasn't present with Bazelak. But even with those positives (which should not be taken lightly), IU hasn't put together a complete game that signals confidence to do so again.

There has to be more balance on offense, as 7 pass attempts simply isn't enough. 

giphy.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Anyone on here have an idea of how many 5 win teams might make bowls? I thought I read where IU could still make a bowl....

Per CBS:

There are four teams in this week's projection that are expected to finish 5-7. This is the last week of the regular season for teams chasing bowl eligibility. Last year at this time, the projection was that there would be a need for six 5-7 teams for the bowls, but there were a number of upsets in the final week and no 5-7 teams were ultimately necessary. Perhaps that will happen this time as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rico said:

Per CBS:

There are four teams in this week's projection that are expected to finish 5-7. This is the last week of the regular season for teams chasing bowl eligibility. Last year at this time, the projection was that there would be a need for six 5-7 teams for the bowls, but there were a number of upsets in the final week and no 5-7 teams were ultimately necessary. Perhaps that will happen this time as well.

Good find. I wondered how it would work. Hope they consider how many conference games each team plays. (I'm sure money and fan support plays the biggest factor).

That additional gimme game other conferences, that only play 8 conference games, gets is huge. If we miraculously got to a bowl game at 5-7, no one would care whether we won 5 or 6 games, just that we were a bowl team.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rico said:

Per CBS:

It  would be hilarious if IU and MSU both finish 5-7 (they play at PSU this week) and IU gets a bowl invite and they don't. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

It  would be hilarious if IU and MSU both finish 5-7 (they play at PSU this week) and IU gets a bowl invite and they don't. 

I have no idea about how all the "ins and outs" go into selecting 5-7 teams to fill out the bowl teams.  But I would have to imagine that Sparty fans view their season as a disaster as is.  Would they really want to play in a bowl game?  I dunno.  I will worry about a bowl after we kick Purdue's rump.

On 11/23/2022 at 10:09 AM, Hoosierinbham said:

Good find. I wondered how it would work. Hope they consider how many conference games each team plays. (I'm sure money and fan support plays the biggest factor).

That additional gimme game other conferences, that only play 8 conference games, gets is huge. If we miraculously got to a bowl game at 5-7, no one would care whether we won 5 or 6 games, just that we were a bowl team.

If I remember correctly graduation rate is considered when it comes to 5 win teams. We were in prime position for that a few years ago, but it didn’t work out. That’s why that stands out in my memory. 

• Thanks 1